Robert Stemp is a lawyer and trade-mark agent in both our Commercial Real Estate Group and Financial Services Group in our Calgary office. Robert practises in the areas of financial services, commercial real estate and foreclosure law. He has a broad range of experience with commercial transactions and banking matters as well as insolvency and foreclosure matters, commercial mortgages and security documents. He also handles a wide range of commercial law issues, with a focus on finding cost-effective and practical solutions to client issues.
· Negotiating and drafting commitment letters, commercial real estate contracts, leases and other contracts.
· Drafting a broad range of documentation including mortgages, debentures, general security agreements and all other security documentation required in commercial financing transactions.
· Negotiating and drafting all types of commercial real estate matters, including purchases and financing of shopping centres, apartment buildings, offices and industrial buildings, and a variety of other commercial properties.
· Handling all types of asset-based lending transactions.
· Handling a broad range of foreclosure and insolvency matters, including negotiating restructuring matters and all other requirements with respect to realization on security.
· Acting for a number of financial institutions with respect to their various legal requirements.
Publications & Presentations
· Lecturer at various conferences with respect to issues arising in commercial real estate or financial services matters.
· Frequent speaker at various client meetings to address issues of importance to clients.
· (Past) Lecturer at the Bar Admission Course for the Legal Education Society of Alberta.
Rankings & Recognitions
· Martindale-Hubbell® BV® Distinguished™ 4.4 out of 5 Peer Review Rated.
· Member, Canadian Bar Association, Southern Alberta Commercial Real Estate and Foreclosure Subsections
· Member, Calgary Bar Association
· Instructor, Bar Admission Course (Commercial Real Estate)
· Has participated in various community/fund-raising events, including BLG's United Way Campaign and BLG's Reads to Kids Program.