- Employment Law
- Labor Law
- School Leaders' Liability
- Environmental & Toxic Tort Litigation
- Public Entity and Civil Rights Litigation
|University ||Allegheny College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1983|
|Law School||Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, J.D., 1986|
|Admitted||1986, Pennsylvania; U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit; U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania; U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania|
Associations & Memberships
• Pennsylvania Bar Association
• Philadelphia Bar Association
Ronda K. O'Donnell is the Chair of the Employment Law Practice Group in the Philadelphia office of Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin. Her practice includes representation of employers in litigation and providing them advice and counsel concerning a variety of employment-related matters. Ronda has handled the defense of employment law cases in federal and state courts and before various administrative agencies. She has defended employers in claims alleging discrimination, violation of federal and state employment-related statutes, wrongful discharge, breach of contract and related tort claims.
In addition to her litigation experience, Ronda has lectured for employers and insurance organizations and has contributed articles on employment-related issues to industry publications. She has also consulted with employers concerning the development of policies and procedures and has provided educational and training seminars to employees and managers of her clients.
Ronda also has significant experience in toxic tort and environmental defense, representing corporations and businesses facing claims arising from federal and state environmental statutes and regulations. She has experience in federal and state courts defending class action and individual claims. She has successfully defended claims for personal injuries, as well as medical monitoring, from alleged exposures to contaminants.
Ronda has been named as one of the Top 50 Female Lawyers in Pennsylvania as well as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in Philadelphia Magazine in the years 2006 to present.
Ronda is a graduate of Allegheny College. She attended Dickinson School of Law and obtained her juris doctor in 1986. She began her career in private practice with a firm in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, where she became partner, and she joined Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin in 1998.
• EPL Training, Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group, co-presenter, June 26, 2014
• Social Media & Cyber Breaches: the Internet's Impact on Your Business, The Graham Company, co-presenter, May 2014
• Hot Topics in Employment, Marshall Dennehey / AIG Seminar, Philadelphia, PA, October 10, 2013
• What is New in Employment Related Lawsuits, January 2008
• Employment Law Trends and Defense Issues, Addis, Inc., December 2007
• What is New in Employment Related Lawsuits, American International Group, September 2007
• Diminishing Your Liability Risk When Disciplining or Terminating Employees Who Have Been Injured or Filed a Claim, Council on Education in Management, Delaware, June 2007
• What You Should Know About Employment Lawsuits in the United States Today, Zurich, December 2006
• How to Avoid Harassment Claims, Worth & Company, December 2006
• Recent Developments Affecting Employment Lawsuits in 2006, U.S. Liability Insurance Company, October 2006
• What You Should Know About Employment Lawsuits in 2006, U.S. Liability Insurance Company, October 2006
• Update of Employment Law Issues - 2006, School Claims Service, July 2006
• Significant Evidentiary Issues in Employment Cases, Hartford Insurance Co., November 2005
• The Battle for Attorneys' Fees in Employment Law Cases, American International Group, October 2005
• Sexual Harassment and the Amusement Industry, Webcast, International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions, March 2005
Honors & Awards
• AV Preeminent by LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
• Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, 2006-2009, 2011-2014; Top 50 Women Pennsylvania, 2013-2014
Year Joined Organization: 1998
|Reported Cases||Published Works: Business EXPERTise column: Unpaid Summer Internships - Liability Concerns for Businesses, Catalyst magazine, Pennsylvania Chamber of Business & Industry, Summer 2014; Business EXPERTise Column: Preventing Workplace Violence, Catalyst magazine, page 26, Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry, Winter 2014; How Does the DOMA Decision Impact my Company's Obligations to its Employees, in Terms of Benefits, Leave Issues and More? Catalyst magazine, page 20, Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry, Fall 2013; Avoiding Age Discrimination Claims in Succession Planning, The Legal Intelligencer, June 11, 2013; The Doctor Can Make House Calls: Non-Competition Covenant Limited By Court, Defense Digest, June 2005, Pennsylvania Law Weekly, August 2005; Is Sudden, Unusual Change In An Employee's Behavior Enough To Trigger The Protections Of The FMLA, The Legal Intelligencer, Employment Law Supplement, December, 2003; Protecting Against Negligent Hiring Claims, The Legal Intelligencer, May 30, 2000; Supreme Court Narrows Definition of Disability, Issues of Injury, September, 1999; United States Supreme Court Limits the Meaning of 'Disabilities' Under the ADA, Counterpoint, Pennsylvania Defense Institute, June, 1999; High Court Rejects Wider View of Disability, Medical Judgement: Nationwide, Vol. 13, No.3, 1999|
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,530 in weekly profile views out of 15,815 lawyers in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|#118,117 in weekly profile views out of 1,538,052 total lawyers Overall|