Practice/Industry Group Overview
RMKB provides clients with a broad spectrum of transactional and litigation services. Founded in 1950, the firm has grown in size and scope to encompass six offices throughout California and New York, Boston and Hong Kong, and practice areas in transactions, employment, intellectual property and real estate. Our clients include start-up and emerging high-technology companies, domestic and international investors, large real-estate developers, private and public health-care facilities, community banks and major regional financial institutions, insurance companies, and sizable private estates. Our range of services extends throughout the western states and to Europe, Mexico, Panama and the Far East.
Early on, we established our reputation in the courtroom. The members of our firm are recognized and respected in the business community, and in trial and appellate courts throughout the state, as dedicated and scrupulous litigators with a thorough understanding of the trial process and our clients' needs. We are equally skilled as negotiators. Whether assisting in the organization of a new business entity, negotiating intellectual-property agreements, acquiring or selling companies or consulting on project financing, we emphasize responsiveness and cost-effectiveness. We believe strongly in the importance of communication with clients, and place a high priority on providing our clients with timely and accurate solutions. In a rapidly expanding business climate, the firm's attorneys have the experience and expertise to meet the specialized needs of companies as they grow here, in Europe and along the Pacific Rim. These services include:
- Organization of business entities, including corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships
- Negotiation and drafting of employment agreements, termination agreements, compensation packages, domestic and international stock option plans.
- National and international protection of intellectual property rights, including trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets
- Mergers, consolidations and acquisitions
- Restructuring, reorganizing, and dissolution of business entities
- Corporate refinancings and investments, arranging introductions to investment banking, venture capital and other financial resources
- Preparation of licensing, distribution, joint venture and various business agreements
- Accessing capital through private securities offerings
- Structuring expansion of operations into international markets, and structuring accommodation of inbound foreign investment