Rosalind is a member of the Health Care Department. An experienced trial attorney with a nursing degree, she concentrates her practice on medical malpractice, long-term care liability, medical technology, and pharmacology defense.
Rosalind devotes a significant portion of her practice to defending hospitals, nursing homes, long-term acute care hospitals, sub-acute facilities and skilled nursing facilities in liability matters, and she has successfully obtained numerous defense verdicts on behalf of her clients.
Rosalind graduated cum laude from SUNY Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York, with a degree in nursing. She worked as a nurse at New York University: Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine and then at Mt. Sinai Hospital in Miami, Florida, while attending law school at the University of Miami School of Law. Graduating with honors, cum laude, Rosalind received her juris doctor in 1981.
Rosalind has conducted several seminars on nursing home litigation and hospital and health care liability for various Florida hospitals and New Jersey organizations, such as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. She was a guest lecturer for the New Jersey ICLE program and she has presented long-term care seminars for numerous clients and attorneys within the firm.
• Long-Term Care, Hospicomm, April 4, 2012
• Nursing Home Litigation, New Jersey ATLA; ICLE
• Hospital and Health Care Liability, for area hospitals in Florida, 1985-1990
• Medico Legal Seminar, American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting, 1989
Past Employment Positions
• Law Offices of Rosalind B. Herschthal, LLC, private practice
• Kaplan, Radol, Fields & Kaplan, LLP, Teaneck, New Jersey
• Grossman & Roth, PA, Miami, Florida, partner
• Stephens, Lynn, et al, Miami, Florida, associate trial attorney
Associations & Memberships
• American Bar Association
• Association of Trial Lawyers of America
• Dade County Bar Association
• Florida Bar Association
Year Joined Organization: 2008