ROY S. COHEN is the Founder and President of Cohen Seglias Pallas Greenhall & Furman PC, as well as a Shareholder and member of the Board of Directors. In his practice, Roy represents clients involved in every facet of the construction industry, including construction managers, general contractors, municipal authorities, private developers, major trade contractors, architects, engineers and sureties. He also acts as general counsel to more than 100 clients and counts more than 90 electrical contractors as clients.
During the course of his career, Roy has handled more than 1,000 mediations, arbitrations and litigations on both the state and federal levels in a variety of jurisdictions, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Delaware, West Virginia, Hawaii, Maryland, Colorado and California. He has twice argued before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, and he has also argued several cases on the appellate level in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. He has been admitted pro hac vice in more than 10 states.
A frequent speaker on construction litigation matters, Roy has spoken to a variety of peer groups including the Super Conference on Construction in San Francisco, to the National Certified Public Accountants Convention in Las Vegas, to the National Electrical Contractors Association in London, to the American Arbitration Association, to Federated Electrical Contractors in Puerto Rico and Boston and to the National Business Institute, as well as at a variety of seminars sponsored by the Firm and its clients.
Roy has been featured in the Philadelphia Business Journal's CEO Profile.
· National Electrical Contractors Associations (NECA) - Counsel to the Penn-Del-Jersey Chapter for the past eight years
· Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors' National Association (SMACNA)
· Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA)
· Philadelphia Bar Association
· New Jersey State Bar Association (NJSBA)
· American Bar Association (ABA) - Member of the Forum on the Construction Industry and the Tort and Insurance Practice section (Fidelity and Surety Law Committee)
Awards & Recognition
· Roy has been named a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer in the field of Construction Law by Law & Politics Magazine every year since 2004. Law & Politics Magazine publishes Super Lawyers annually to recognize accomplished lawyers in more than 70 areas of practice.
· Roy has achieved an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating for professional ethical standards and legal ability by Martindale-Hubbell.
(Also at Pittsburgh Office)