With over 30 years in the wireless telecommunications industry, Russell is among the most experienced wireless communications attorneys in the country.
Before joining the firm, Russell was a partner and head of the telecommunications department in the Washington office of a major Chicago-based law firm, where he represented users and providers of telecommunications services and equipment. Previously, he was the executive director and president of the American SMR Network Association, Inc., where he established offices of a national trade association representing a segment of the wireless telecommunications industry.
Russell has extensive experience evaluating wireless telecommunications opportunities, structuring transactions involving the purchase, financing, or sale of wireless telecommunications systems, handling regulatory and legislative matters before federal and state authorities, and dealing with licensing matters before the Federal Communications Commission.
He has assisted clients that have successfully secured regulatory approvals necessary for clients to offer new telecommunications services and products.
Recognitions & Awards
•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
•Author, The Incentive Auction and FirstNet Funding, Mission Critical Communications (10.08.2014)
• Co-author, FirstNet's Funding Rate Relies on Auctions, Mission Critical Communications (04.2014)
• Author, How Upcoming Auctions Affect the LMR Industry, MissionCritical Communications (01.22.2014)
• Co-author, FCC Explores Opportunities to Expedite Deployment of Wireless Broadband Facilities, Wireless Communications Advisory (10.14.2013)
• Author, The Search for Spectrum, MissionCritical Communications (07.2013)
• Author, FCC Provides Guidance on Tower Site Collocation, Communications Advisory (01.29.2013)
• FCC Establishes New Healthcare Connect Fund, Communications Advisory (01.04.2013)
• Author, FCC Will Work to Implement mHealth Task Force Report, Communications Advisory (10.02.2012)
• Author, What's Next for LightSquared?, MissionCritical Communications (08.01.2012)
• Author, FCC Seeks Comments on Converged Communications and Health Care Devices; Schedules Public Meeting, Health IT Alert (06.18.2010)
• Author, FCC Seeks Comments on AHA Proposal To Use Amateur Radio Stations in Emergency Preparedness Drills, mHealth Alert (03.09.2010)
• Co-author, Text4baby: Texting Health Messages to Pregnant Women and New Moms, mHealth Alert (02.16.2010)
• Co-author, Communications and Health Care Article: Radio Frequency Medical Devices at the Intersection of FCC, FDA and Privacy Concerns, Update Magazine (04.03.2007)
•Mintz Levin Attorney Russell H. Fox to Speak at International Municipal Signal Association Annual Conference, (07.24.2014)
• Mintz Levin Attorney Russell H. Fox to Speak at 2013 mHealth Summit, (12.09.2013)
• Mintz Levin Represents Lowell General Hospital in Merger with Saints Medical Center, (07.10.2012)
• Quoted in Tax Law Facilitates Wireless Use of Easements, Federal Buildings, Above Ground Level Bulletin (03.20.2012)
• Quoted in FCC's 911 Mobile Upgrade Equally Important for Hospitals, First Responders, Fierce Mobile Healthcare (08.15.2011)
•Panelist, The Policy Pillars of mHealth: Examining Various Policy Perspectives, 2013 mHealth Summit, HIMSS Media, National Harbor, MD (12.09.2013)
• Moderator, Small Cell, DAS, Wi-Fi -- the New Wireless Frontier, 2013 AGL Regional Conference, Above Ground Level Media Group, Newton, MA (11.05.2013)
• Speaker, Update on the Broadcast Incentive Auction, Spectrum and Wireless Strategies, Law Seminars International, Washington, DC (07.22.2013)
• Speaker, FCC Regulation of Wireless Communications Systems: An Update for Hotel and Gaming Venues, Mintz Levin, Las Vegas, NV (03.11.2010)