Russell P. Hintze, a board certified tax lawyer, focuses his practice in the areas of transactional tax and tax controversy. He is experienced in the area of general business tax planning, including corporate tax, limited liability companies, partnerships, tax planning for real estate and mergers and acquisitions.
Areas of Concentration
· Federal taxation, including income tax planning for individuals and closely held businesses
· Tax planning for the acquisition, ownership and disposition of real property, including tax-deferred exchanges under Section 1031 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended
· Choice of entity, including federal taxation of limited liability companies, general and limited partnerships and subchapter S corporation
· Corporate and partnership taxation, mergers and acquisitions
· Federal and state tax litigation and controversy, including employee/independent contractor classification and unreasonable compensation
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, Orange County Bar Association
· Member, The Florida Bar, Tax Certification Committee, 2000-2001
· Former Treasurer and Board Member, Lake Brantley Youth Football Association, Inc. (Affiliated with Pop Warner)
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, The Best Lawyers in America, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2008-2014
· Team Member, The Legal 500 United States, "Top Tier" Firm in Real Estate, 2013
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2010, 2012-2013
· Team Member, a Law360 "Real Estate Practice Group of the Year," 2011 and 2012
· Listed, Orlando magazine, "The Best Lawyers in Orlando," 2010
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2010
· Listed, Chambers USA Guide, National - Real Estate Law, 2006-2010
· Listed, Florida Trend magazine, "Legal Elite," Real Estate Law, 2004
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Acted as team lead representing Capital Partners in several real estate transactions totaling more than $600 million.
· Represented various closely held businesses in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including stock sale with combined consideration in excess of $100 million.
· Represented industry segment in tax controversy involving employee/independent contractor determination, resulting in abatement of assessment in excess of $6 million.
· Oversight and representation of national real estate holding corporation in connection with tax-deferred exchanges.
· Represented real property investors and developers in negotiating joint venture relationships, limited liability companies and partnerships.
· Board Certified Tax Lawyer, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
Publications & Presentations
Articles, Lectures & Publications
Russell frequently lectures before CPA's and attorneys on various federal income tax issues, including tax-deferred exchanges, entity selection and legislature, regulatory and judicial developments.