Ryan Craig is Counsel in the firm's DC office where he focuses his practice on representing a variety of lenders, borrowers and servicers in real estate and commercial finance transactions and disputes, including in connection with troubled loans and non-performing assets. This includes debt restructuring, note sales, foreclosures, deed-in-lieu transactions, receiverships, and related litigation. He also advises clients in relation to complex intercreditor relationships and mezzanine financing.
Ryan also has significant experience representing clients in complex commercial litigations and corporate compliance.
Ryan earned his undergraduate degree at the University of Utah and his J.D. from the Georgetown University Law Center. He is a member of the bars of the District of Columbia and the State of Colorado, and is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States and the United States District Courts for the District of Columbia, the District of Maryland, and the District of Colorado
· Ongoing representation of special servicers, senior lenders and portfolio managers.
· Represented special servicer in workout negotiations and receivership litigation with respect to a defaulted CMBS loan secured by 38 properties located in 15 different states.
· Represented special servicer in workout negotiations and receivership and construction completion guaranty litigation with respect to a defaulted CMBS loan secured by 12 properties located in 5 different states.
· Negotiated deed-in-lieu of foreclosure with respect to industrial property located in upstate New York.
· Represented special servicer in receivership litigation and foreclosure of a major hotel in Bethesda, MD.
· Advised mezzanine lender with respect to rights and remedies concerning defaulted mezzanine loans and senior loans.
· Represented majority TIC borrower with respect to modification of CMBS loan secured by multi-building portfolio.
· Represented the audit committee of the board of directors of a Fortune 200 company with respect to an SEC investigation into alleged violations of the FCPA.
· Handled numerous arbitrations and litigations within the insurance and reinsurance industry, including disputes concerning finite/financial reinsurance, ex gratia payments, and settlement allocation, including litigating, under federal and state arbitration statutes, various disputes concerning the arbitrability and enforceability of awards.