- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate & Securities Litigation
|Contact Info||Telephone: 212 504 6463|
Fax: 212 504 6666
|University ||Boston College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1999|
|Law School||New York University School of Law, J.D., 2003|
|Admitted||2004, New York; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York; U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York; U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York|
Ryan Andreoli's practice is concentrated in the area of complex commercial litigation, with a particular focus on securities and shareholder derivative matters.
Ryan is actively involved in pro bono work, and received a Pro Bono Publico Award from The Legal Aid Society in 2009 for his work on behalf of Section 8 tenants.
Ryan was recognized as a Rising Star for business litigation and securities litigation by New York Super Lawyers in 2013.
Ryan graduated magna cum laude from Boston College in 1999, and received his J.D. from the New York University School of Law in 2003.
Ryan is admitted to practice in New York, and before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of New York.
Ryan represents clients in a variety of state and federal courts, and has played a prominent role in the representation of:
• The outside directors of Merrill Lynch in shareholder derivative litigation relating to the company's investments in subprime mortgage-related securities.
• Pfizer Inc. and certain of its directors in federal securities and ERISA class actions and shareholder derivative litigation relating to the marketing and sale of the arthritis drugs Celebrex and Bextra.
• Deutsche Bank in multiple lawsuits involving numerous financial institutions alleging violations of state securities laws and RICO in connection with certain short selling activities.
• Walkers Fund Services and two independent directors of the Bear Stearns High Grade Structured Credit Strategies Fund in shareholder derivative litigation arising out of the collapse of two multi-billion dollar hedge funds.
• A nuclear fuel producer in litigation asserting that it violated RICO by engaging in certain contracting practices.
• An electronic brokerage firm and its founder in litigation alleging violations of the federal securities laws, breach of contract and common law fraud in connection with the sale of certain subsidiaries to a competitor.
• A multi-billion dollar hedge fund in an SEC investigation into trading and disclosure practices.
• Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC in litigation involving claims that it breached an oral contract requiring it to convey its interest in a mezzanine loan to the borrower.
• A real estate investment firm in litigation commenced by a junior loan participant in connection with a contemplated sale of the loan.
• A military defense contractor in litigation alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract by a former employee.
• Pfizer Inc. in multiple lawsuits arising from its proposed acquisition of Wyeth.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
|Profile Visibility |
|#10,071 in weekly profile views out of 88,302 lawyers in New York, New York|
|#118,525 in weekly profile views out of 1,512,663 total lawyers Overall|