- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate & Securities Litigation
|Contact Info||Telephone: 212 504 6463|
Fax: 212 504 6666
|University ||Boston College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1999|
|Law School||New York University School of Law, J.D., 2003|
|Admitted||2004, New York; U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York; U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York; U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York|
Ryan Andreoli's practice is concentrated in the area of complex commercial litigation, with a particular focus on securities and shareholder derivative matters.
Ryan is actively involved in pro bono work, and received a Pro Bono Publico Award from The Legal Aid Society in 2009 for his work on behalf of Section 8 tenants.
Ryan was recognized as a Rising Star for business litigation and securities litigation by New York Super Lawyers in 2013.
Ryan graduated magna cum laude from Boston College in 1999, and received his J.D. from the New York University School of Law in 2003.
Ryan is admitted to practice in New York, and before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Northern Districts of New York.
Ryan represents clients in a variety of state and federal courts, and has played a prominent role in the representation of:
• The outside directors of Merrill Lynch in shareholder derivative litigation relating to the company's investments in subprime mortgage-related securities.
• Pfizer Inc. and certain of its directors in federal securities and ERISA class actions and shareholder derivative litigation relating to the marketing and sale of the arthritis drugs Celebrex and Bextra.
• Deutsche Bank in multiple lawsuits involving numerous financial institutions alleging violations of state securities laws and RICO in connection with certain short selling activities.
• Walkers Fund Services and two independent directors of the Bear Stearns High Grade Structured Credit Strategies Fund in shareholder derivative litigation arising out of the collapse of two multi-billion dollar hedge funds.
• A nuclear fuel producer in litigation asserting that it violated RICO by engaging in certain contracting practices.
• An electronic brokerage firm and its founder in litigation alleging violations of the federal securities laws, breach of contract and common law fraud in connection with the sale of certain subsidiaries to a competitor.
• A multi-billion dollar hedge fund in an SEC investigation into trading and disclosure practices.
• Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC in litigation involving claims that it breached an oral contract requiring it to convey its interest in a mezzanine loan to the borrower.
• A real estate investment firm in litigation commenced by a junior loan participant in connection with a contemplated sale of the loan.
• A military defense contractor in litigation alleging misappropriation of trade secrets and breach of contract by a former employee.
• Pfizer Inc. in multiple lawsuits arising from its proposed acquisition of Wyeth.
News & Resources
•Super Lawyers 2013 New York Metro Edition Recognizes More Than 30 Cadwalader Attorneys
Sep 18, 2013
•Cadwalader Named to Winner's Circle at M&A Atlas Awards
Feb 24, 2010
•Cadwalader Transaction Named IDD Deal of the Year
Feb 12, 2010
•Cadwalader Lawyers Recognized by The Legal Aid Society
Oct 27, 2009
•Damage Determinations Doom False-Advertising Classes in California
May 21, 2014
•Q&A with Cadwalader Wickersham & Taft's Jason Halper and Ryan Andreoli
Jun 14, 2013
•New Deals - Lawyers on Major Transactions
Jan 29, 2009
Clients Friends Memos
•Halliburton Co. v. Erica P. John Fund, Inc.: The Court Retains Basic, But Permits Defendants To Rebut Price Impact At Class Certification
Jun 25, 2014
•Halliburton Co. v. Erica P. John Fund, Inc.: Assessing Possible Modifications to Basic And The Fraud-On-The-Market Theory
Mar 07, 2014
•Ninth Circuit's Harkonen Decision Does Not Undermine Recent Second Circuit Precedent Establishing That Truthful Promotion Of Approved Drugs For Off-Label Use Is Protected By The First Amendment
Mar 22, 2013
•Second Circuit's Caronia Decision Striking Down On First Amendment Grounds The Criminal Conviction Of A Pharmaceutical Sales Representative For Off-Label Promotion Could Have Broad Implications
Jan 04, 2013
•Halliburton v. Erica P. John Fund: Supreme Court Retains Basic, But Permits Defendants to Rebut Price Impact at Class Certification
Jul 11, 2014
•Halliburton Co. v. Erica P. John Fund, Inc.: Assessing Possible Modifications to Basic and The Fraud-On -The-Market Theory
May 23, 2014
•Seven Months After American Express v. Italian Colors Restaurant: The End of Class Actions?
Jan 13, 2014
•Class-Action Issues in the Supreme Court: Comcast Corp. v. Behrend
Jun 01, 2013
•Class Action Issues in Supreme Court: Assessing the Significance of Amgen
Apr 03, 2013
•Arbitration Clauses and Class Certification Standards: How the Supreme Court Is Limiting Plaintiffs' Ability to Maintain Class Actions
Jan 25, 2013
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
|Profile Visibility |
|#10,873 in weekly profile views out of 89,433 lawyers in New York, New York|
|#140,963 in weekly profile views out of 1,537,162 total lawyers Overall|