Ryan Munitz is an associate in the Labor and Employment Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Munitz's practice focuses on labor and employment counseling, particularly regarding compliance with the National Labor Relations Act. She specializes in the Railway Labor Act and has extensive experience advising employers during union organizing campaigns regarding compliance with the RLA. Ms. Munitz has experience representing companies in labor arbitrations and labor negotiations, and handling other traditional labor matters. She also assists clients with drafting employment, severance, confidentiality, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreements, as well as other employment policies, in compliance with state and federal law.
Aside from her practice, Ms. Munitz has also taught a course on Legal Research and Writing at The George Washington University Law School as an Adjunct Professor.
Publications & News
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Blog Posts
• The Changing Landscape for Services Contractors, January 22, 2015
• Executive Orders and New Employment Requirements for Federal Contractors, April 18, 2014
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
• U.S. Department of Labor Issues Proposed Regulations Regarding Federal Contractors' Obligation To Provide Paid Sick Leave To Employees, February 29, 2016
• Attention D.C. Employers: Notice Provisions of Wage Theft Prevention Amendment Act Must Be Complied With By May 27, 2015, May 21, 2015
• Equal Pay Issues Addressed by President Obama on “National Equal Pay Day, ” When He Signed An Executive Order and Presidential Memorandum Affecting Federal Contractors, April 10, 2014
• Department of Labor's Administrative Review Board Interprets Term 'Adverse Action' Under SOX More Expansively Than it is Interpreted Under Title VII, November 2, 2011