|Mailing Address||2099 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Suite 100, Washington, District of Columbia, 20006-6801|
|University ||Emory University, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, 2008|
|Law School||The George Washington University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 2011 The George Washington Law Review|
|Admitted||2011, Virginia; District of Columbia|
Ryan Munitz is an associate in the Labor and Employment Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Munitz's practice focuses on labor and employment counseling, particularly regarding compliance with the National Labor Relations Act. She specializes in the Railway Labor Act and has extensive experience advising employers during union organizing campaigns regarding compliance with the RLA. Ms. Munitz has experience representing companies in labor arbitrations and labor negotiations, and handling other traditional labor matters. She also assists clients with drafting employment, severance, confidentiality, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreements, as well as other employment policies, in compliance with state and federal law.
Aside from her practice, Ms. Munitz is an Adjunct Professor at The George Washington University Law School, where she teaches a course on Legal Research and Writing.
Publications & News
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Blog Posts
• The Changing Landscape for Services Contractors, January 22, 2015
• Executive Orders and New Employment Requirements for Federal Contractors, April 18, 2014
Labor and Employment Law Blog Posts
• Attention D.C. Employers: Notice Provisions of Wage Theft Prevention Amendment Act Must Be Complied With By May 27, 2015, May 21, 2015
• Equal Pay Issues Addressed by President Obama on “National Equal Pay Day,” When He Signed An Executive Order and Presidential Memorandum Affecting Federal Contractors, April 10, 2014
• Department of Labor's Administrative Review Board Interprets Term 'Adverse Action' Under SOX More Expansively Than it is Interpreted Under Title VII, November 2, 2011
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
The Changing Landscape for Services Contractors
Bryce D. Chadwick,Ryan J. Munitz,Ryan E. Roberts, February 25, 2015
Two recent developments have the potential to change the landscape for contractors providing services to the Government. Government contractors and subcontractors are required to comply with a host of regulations governing their hiring practices and the wages they pay and benefits they provide to...
|Profile Visibility |
|#733 in weekly profile views out of 57,729 lawyers in Washington, District of Columbia|
|#32,296 in weekly profile views out of 1,722,821 total lawyers Overall|