Mr. Childers lectures nationally on insurance issues and practices primarily in the area of insurance regulation and insurance legislation. Prior to his entry into private practice, Mr. Childers served as Director of the Arizona Department of Insurance for three and one-half years. While serving in that position, he was actively involved in the leadership of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners, serving on its Executive Committee, chairing the Workers' Compensation Task Force and the Accident & Health Committee, and chairing the Western Zone of the NAIC for two years. Mr. Childers has been retained as an expert witness on insurance matters on over 140 occasions and regularly serves as counsel to clients nationwide on complex insurance regulatory matters.
Mr. Childers served on the U.S. Secretary of Health & Human Services' Task Force on Long-Term Health Care Policies, the Stanford Research Institute Long-Term Care Advisory Board, Governor's Private Sector Task Force on Long Term Care and the University of Arizona College of Business & Public Administration National Board of Advisors. Prior to his appointment as Director of Insurance, Mr. Childers served as Lead Corporate Counsel and subsequently as Manager of the Risk Management Department at Salt River Project.
• Childers, S. David and Jennifer L. Kraham, The Future of Insurance Rescission, FORC Quarterly Journal of Insurance Law and Regulation, Vol. 23, Ed. 3 (Fall 2012).
• Childers, S. David and Christy A. Chism, FORC Quarterly Journal of Insurance Law and Regulation, The Extraordinary Scope and Potential Regulatory Pitfalls of the Insurance Fraud Protection Act, Vol. IX, Ed. IV (Dec. 1997).
• Childers, S. David and Robin G. Bradshaw, FORC Quarterly Journal of Insurance Law and Regulation, Application of Arizona's Mandatory Automobile Insurance Renewal Laws to a Withdrawing Insurer, Vol. IV, Ed. 3 (Sept. 1992).
• Childers, S. David and Michael E. Hensley, National Business Institute, Complying With the 1996 Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. (1997).
• Childers, S. David, State Bar of Arizona Continuing Legal Education, Insurance Laws A to Z, Public Records, Bad Faith and the Arizona Department of Insurance. (June, 2004).
• Childers, S. David, FORC Quarterly Journal of Insurance Law and Regulation, Public Records and the Arizona Department of Insurance, Vol. XV, Ed. VII (Sept. 2004).
• Childers, S. David, Fourth Edition to the Annotations to Surplus Lines Statutes, prepared by the Excess, Surplus Lines and Reinsurance Committee of the American Bar Association (July 2005).
July 15, 2010 Firm Elects 17 to Join Partnership in 2010
April 2, 2014 Underinsured Motorist Coverage Offer Does Not Require Price Quote