- Business and Tort Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights
|Contact Info||Telephone: (904) 346-5520|
|University ||Amherst College, B.A., Political Science, with honors, 2000; Universiteit Leiden, Leiden, Netherlands, 2007|
|Law School||University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2008|
|Admitted||U.S District Court, Middle District of Florida|
Bar Association Membership
• The Florida Bar
• Jacksonville Bar Association
Ms. Orender is a member of Rogers Towers' Litigation Department and Banking and Financial Services Practice Group. She represents business entities, financial institutions, and individuals in the areas of contract litigation, insurance disputes, commercial loan litigation and workouts, lender liability defense, and other commercial litigation matters in both state and federal courts. She is fluent in Spanish and proficient in Portuguese.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
•Co-Author, ABA Section of Business Law, Committee on Business and Corporate Litigation, Annual Review of Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation, Ch. 23, Nonprofit Law and Litigation (2011 ed. Vol. 2).
• Co-Author, ABA Section of Business Law, Committee on Business and Corporate Litigation, Vol. 2, Nonprofit Law and Litigation (2009, 2010).
AWARDS AND DISTINCTIONS
•Florida Super Lawyers, “Rising Star” (Business Litigation), 2013-2014
PROFESSIONAL AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
•Ritz Chamber Music Society, Inc., Volunteer Counsel, 2014-present
• The Seaside Playgarden Preschool, Inc., Board Member, 2013-present
• Generation W, Inc., Board Member, 2014-present
• Women's Giving Alliance, Member, 2015
• Patrons of the Hearts, 2010-present
• KYN Accelerator Program, Mentor, 2013-2014
• Jacksonville Regional Chamber of Commerce Get Smart! Program, Mentor, 2012
• Client Intake Volunteer, Bay Area Legal Services, 2008-2009
• Volunteer Judge, National Tax Section Moot Court Competition, 2009
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Marriage Equality and The Equal Credit Opportunity Act
Samantha Alves Orender, March 3, 2015
On January 1, 2015, United States District Judge Hinkle issued an Order ruling that all Florida counties are to start issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples as of January 6, 2015. The implications of this ruling are significant for same-sex couples, and their creditors as well. There are...
Do Guarantors Fall Under the Protection of the Equal Credit Opportunity Act?
Samantha Alves Orender, September 17, 2014
We have discussed the Equal Credit Opportunity Act(“ECOA”), which makes it unlawful for a creditor to discriminate against an applicant in any aspect of a credit transaction on the basis of, among other things, the applicant’s marital status, religion, sex, race, or age. The...
|Profile Visibility |
|#381 in weekly profile views out of 3,849 lawyers in Jacksonville, Florida|
|#119,626 in weekly profile views out of 1,691,864 total lawyers Overall|