· Sandra Jarva Weiss Speaks on Health Care Reform at Lafayette College
· Sandra Jarva Weiss Promoted to Chair of Pennsylvania Office Health Care Group
· "Hospital-Physician Shared Savings and Quality Performance Incentives in Clinical Integration Agreements," MD News, January/February 2013
· "The Medical Profession Beware: The False Claims Act - A Danger You Can't Ignore," MD News, November/December 2011
· "The Medical Profession Beware: The False Claims Act - A Danger You Can't Ignore," Health Care Law Alert, July 2011
Sandra Jarva Weiss, a member of the firm, and as Chair of the Pennsylvania Office's Health Care Group, has been practicing health care law for more than 20 years, and has extensive experience in all areas of health care regulation. She has designed numerous compliance programs and counsels clients on compliance with the Anti-Kickback Statute and the Stark Statute. She has counseled clients on federal and state patient privacy laws and Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement requirements. Sandra has extensive practical experience from having served as in-house counsel for a large teaching hospital system.
Her experience includes regulatory compliance, mergers, acquisitions, strategic affiliations of health and health-related businesses, and developing corporate compliance plans for health care entities. She has experience with structuring the development of entities such as imaging centers and ambulatory surgical centers. She has handled physician contracts, employment agreements, medical staff grievance proceedings, disciplinary proceedings, and termination proceedings. Sandra is well versed in HIPAA privacy compliance, compliance with Joint Commission standards, managed care contracting for hospitals and medical providers, physician hospital organization contracts, and corporate work for health care institutions, such as lease and supply agreements.
Sandra also assists clients in the ongoing education and training of their employees in compliance with applicable health care regulations.
Her clients include hospitals, physician groups, health care providers, medical device and equipment companies, PHOs, management service organizations, foundations, rehabilitation centers, and pharmaceutical companies.
Sandra serves on the boards of Good Shepherd Rehabilitation Network, the Council of Lafayette Women, and the State Theatre Center for the Arts.