- Public Policy & Governmental Affairs
- Administrative and Regulatory
- Health Care
- Environmental, Administrative & Regulatory Law
|University ||College of William and Mary, B.A., 1975|
|Law School||Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1979|
|Admitted||1979, South Carolina; 1980, District of Columbia; U.S. District Court for the District of S.C.; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit|
Sally Rogers has worked at the intersection of law and politics for the past thirty years. Today, she represents businesses and professionals on legislative and regulatory matters before the South Carolina State House and state agencies.
She serves clients as both counsel and a lobbyist with a focus on environmental and health care matters:
· Solid waste facility permitting & regulation
· Low-level radioactive waste regulation & licensing issues
· S.C. Solid Waste Policy and Management Act
· Licensing and disciplinary matters for health care professionals
· Medical Practice Act
Ms. Rogers legal career began while in law school when she went to work for U.S. Senator Strom Thurmond as a staff member to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee. As counsel to the Judiciary Committee, she worked with Federal lawmakers on business-related legislation related to:
· Nuclear energy and waste
· the Federal court system
Ms. Rogers grew up in Anderson County, SC. As an undergrad at the College of William and Mary in Virginia, she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and was graduated with highest honors before going on to earn her law degree from Georgetown in Washington, DC.
· Listed in Best Lawyers for Environmental Law since 2007
· Counsel to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee
· Law clerk for The Honorable Emory M. Sneeden, Circuit Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
· Extensive involvement in drafting of the S. C. Solid Waste Policy and Management Act of 1991
· Member of several state agency work groups that develop solid waste regulations
· Extensive involvement in revising laws that regulate health care professionals including Medical Practice Act (2005 & 2006) and Nurse Practice Act (2004)
77 Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named to the 2014 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
Nexsen Pruet is pleased to announce that 77 attorneys have been named to Best Lawyers in America for 2014.
Nexsen Pruet Attorneys Named to the 2013 Edition of Best Lawyers in America®
Nexsen Pruet attorneys have been named to the Best Lawyers in America® list for 2013.
Nexsen Pruet Up in Ranking of Largest U.S. Law Firms
Nexsen Pruet has moved up in The National Law Journal's annual ranking of the largest law firms in the United States.
Veteran Attorneys Join Bob Coble; Nexsen Pruet Expands Public Policy & Governmental Affairs Group
Attorneys Harry Lightsey and Sally Rogers have joined Nexsen Pruet's Public Policy and Governmental Affairs Group. They will work closely with Bob Coble in the firm's Columbia offices.
Civic & Professional Memberships
· South Carolina Bar
· American Bar Association
· South Carolina Administrative and Regulatory Law Association
· South Carolina Women Lawyers Association
· Former Member of the South Carolina Commission on Women
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#243 in weekly profile views out of 3,483 lawyers in Columbia, South Carolina|
|#118,525 in weekly profile views out of 1,512,663 total lawyers Overall|