Sarah J. Delaney is a long-time member of Goldberg Segalla's growing Global Insurance Services team. Her practice concentration is on insurance coverage analysis and litigation, professional liability, and appellate practice. Sarah's coverage experience covers a very broad range, including life, health and disability; bad faith; personal and advertising injury; intentional torts; pollution claims; aviation and fraud. She handles all aspects of insurance litigation and provides complex coverage analysis. Sarah also assists large domestic and multi-national companies in assessing insurance needs and implementing risk management programs.
Sarah graduated Phi Beta Kappa, magna cum laude from the State University of New York at Buffalo and was a governmental law center fellow and publications editor of the Human Rights Law Review while in law school. She has lectured and presented on a number of topics relating to insurance coverage, including social media, insurance coverage for the trucking industry, insurance coverage for construction operations, and comparative analysis of insurance coverage issues in the Northeast states. Sarah is editor of CaseWatch: Insurance, Goldberg Segalla's monthly insurance coverage newsletter, as well as publisher of the firm's Life, Health, Disability, and ERISA Quarterly newsletter and a regular contributor to the firm's Legal Update. She is the co-author of "Mergers and Acquisitions Insurance," New Appleman on Insurance Law, Library Edition (2011).
· Named to Business First's Who's Who in Law
· Selected for inclusion in Upstate New York Super Lawyers (Insurance Coverage)
· Defense Research Institute: Insurance Law Committee; Life, Health, Disability, and ERISA Committee, Annual Meeting Chair; Emeritus Young Lawyers' Committee, Chair
· New York State Bar Association: Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Section (past Vice-Chair, Insurance Coverage Committee)
· Quoted in "Brokers Face Uncertain Future," Crain's New York Business, November 11, 2012
· Co-Author, "Potential Causation and Damage Issues in Hurricane Irene Insurance Claims," Westlaw Journal: Insurance Coverage, September 30, 2011
· Co-Author, "Mergers and Acquisitions Insurance," New Appleman on Insurance Law, Library Edition, LexisNexis, Chapter 32, May 2011
· Co-Author, "Deja Vu All Over Again - Auction Rate Securities are the Latest Debacle to Hit the Financial Services Industry," Mealey's Emerging Insurance Disputes, August 2008
· Co-Author, "When is an Insurer Entitled to Reimbursement of Defense Costs from its Insured?," Mealey's Emerging Insurance Disputes, January 2008
· Presenter, "Insurance Coverage for Trucking Operations," Lorman Educational Services Seminar - Trucking Litigation and DOT Regulations in New York, July and November 2006
· Presenter, "Overview of Coverage Issues in the Northeast," October 2006
· Co-Author, "Waiver, Estoppel and the Duty to Defend," Insurer's Duty to Defend: A State Law Compendium, Defense Research Institute, 2005