|University ||University of Nebraska-Omaha, B.A., Philosophy, cum laude, 1979|
|Law School||University of Oregon School of Law, J.D., 1982|
|Admitted||1983, Oregon and U.S. District Court, District of Oregon; 1985, U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit; 1998, U.S. Supreme Court; 2001, District of Columbia (inactive) and Washington; 2013, Massachusetts|
bar & professional association memberships
Oregon State Bar Association
Washington State Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar (inactive)
Sarah J. Ryan is the Office Managing Shareholder of the Portland, Oregon office of Jackson Lewis P.C.
Inside the Minds: Dealing With Employee Lawsuits. My chapter title was Defending & Defeating Employee Lawsuits .
Thomson West, First Edition (2005) [Author] Federal Civil Litigation in Oregon, my chapter was Pleadings and Claims .
Oregon State Bar Legal Publication - Editions: 1994, 1998, 2002 & 2009 [Author]
Internal Investigations - Advanced Topics
Ball Janik LLP Employment Newsletter (April 2012) [Author] I-9 Audits: Are You Next?
Ball Janik LLP Employment Newsletter (February 2011) [Author] A New Year: Religious Accommodation in the Workplace
Portland Human Resources Management Association (PHRMA) Monthly Newsletter (November 2009) [Author] External Investigators: When are they Worth it?
PHRMA News and Views Newsletter (May 2009) [Author] Is Telecommuting the Answer?
PHRMA News and Views Newsletter (October 2009) [Author]
Honors, Awards and Pro Bono Activity
• Named to Best Lawyers in America, 2014-2015
• Chambers USA Industry Leader, Labor and Employment 2008-2013
• Oregon Super Lawyer, 2007-2014
• AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
• Outstanding Volunteer Award, Multnomah Bar Association, 1993
• Former attorney representative to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conference
• Former President of the Oregon Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
• Former member of the Board and Executive Committee of the US District Court of Oregon Historical Society
• Former member of the Board of Oregon Legal Aid Society
• Founding board member of Oregon Lawyers Against Hunger
• Former member of the Multnomah Bar Foundation
• Former member of the board and the executive director search committee of the Oregon Chapter of Make A Wish Foundation
• Long-time volunteer at the Oregon Food Bank
• Long-time volunteer for the Volunteer Lawyers Project (VLP). Past recipient of the VLP volunteer of the year award for work including organization to support a legal clinic for the Cascades AIDS Project
• Past general counsel to Portland Human Resources Management Association (PHRMA)
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#18 in weekly profile views out of 7,543 lawyers in Portland, Oregon|
|#4,286 in weekly profile views out of 1,568,853 total lawyers Overall|