- Digital Media and E-Commerce
- Technology, Media & Telecommunications
- Intellectual Property
- Privacy & Data Protection
- Licensing, Collaborations, Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
|Education||College of Law, Guildford (LPC); King's College London (LL.B.); Université Paris I, Panthéon Sorbonne, Maîtrise|
|Admitted||Paris; England and Wales|
Sarah is a partner in our London office. Her primary focus is on information technology and communications, with experience acting on both the client and supplier side. She regularly advises on complex IT transactions and IT procurement and is a specialist on international outsourcing projects, acting for clients in both the common and civil law jurisdictions. Sarah is a regular contributor to cross-border knowledge databases, writing articles and giving external presentations on the subject, both in the UK and on the continent.
Sarah also advises a diverse range of clients on general commercial matters, including distribution and licensing arrangements, supply of goods/services, e-commerce projects and data protection/privacy issues.
· Sarah manages a number of outsourcing projects, usually with a global outlook and assists her clients from bidder selection (often during a competitive tender for the procurement of the required services) to contract negotiation and beyond, providing project management advice throughout implementation.
· Sarah has advised a large French transport and energy infrastructure company with the multi-sourcing of its IT services globally and recently completed a 5 month secondment to the company, where she advised on French and English law aspects of the company's various sourcing arrangements, often negotiating in both French and English languages.
· Sarah works with a large corporate and investment bank with regard to the standardisation of its various agreements (including software licence and maintenance agreements and agreements for its core payments systems) in order to produce one single standard for use within Europe, including harmonisation of commercial law principles applicable in both civil and common law jurisdictions.
· Sarah completed a year-long secondment to one of the world's largest internet companies and continues to advise the company and other similar multinational corporations on new media, advertising and data privacy issues as well as procurement matters.
· Sarah regularly provides commercial legal advice (English and French law) in the context of corporate transactions in a variety of sectors ranging from the proposed acquisition by a well-known international cosmetic company of a high-profile brand to the acquisition, of an energy company specialising in the provision of engineering and training services in the oil and gas sectors.
· Sarah also works with companies in the aviation sector regarding their commercial sale and supply agreements and last year completed a secondment to one of the world's largest multinational corporations operating in the aviation and defence sector.
Before Edwards Wildman
Before joining the firm, Sarah was Counsel within the International Commercial Group of Bird & Bird LLP, spending time in both the London and Paris offices.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Sarah lives by the motto of "work hard, play hard" and uses her love of yoga and travel (usually seeking sunshine) in an attempt to reach the ultimate balance.
Franco-British Chamber of Commerce
Computer Law Group
Women's Forum for the Economy and Society
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
EU-US Data Flows - Rebuilding Trust
Sarah Pearce, December 5, 2013
The statements and follow-up of the Ministerial in Washington last week where the EU was represented by Vice President Viviane Reding and Commissioner Cecilia Malstrom, show signs of the US and the EU making attempts to work towards rebuilding trust, particularly in the context of data protection...
|Profile Visibility |
|#43 in weekly profile views out of 2,093 lawyers in London, England|
|#23,181 in weekly profile views out of 1,505,564 total lawyers Overall|