Satish Poondi is an associate at the law firm of Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer P.A. and a member of its Mass Tort / Class Action Team. Mr. Poondi is also a registered pharmacist, completing the Doctor of Pharmacy program at Rutgers University.
Mr. Poondi is active in the field of pharmacy academia. He is an advisor to multiple pharmacy organizations and a guest lecturer at the Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy at Rutgers University. Mr. Poondi regularly presents continuing education seminars relating to important pharmaceutical legal issues for programs sponsored by academic institutions, professional organizations, and retail chains.
He routinely represents healthcare professionals before licensing Boards, such as the New Jersey Board of Pharmacy, New Jersey Medicaid, Medicare, the Drug Enforcement Administration, the office of Civil Rights, and many other regulatory agencies as well as third party insurance companies. Additionally, he routinely provides guidance on the regulatory responsibilities associated with the sale and purchase of pharmacies. His clients include independent pharmacies, pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, retail chains, wholesalers, hospitals, and compounding pharmacies.
Area of Emphasis
Defective Drug Litigation
Toxic Tort Class Action Litigation
Miscellaneous Toxic Tort Litigation
Pharmacy Administrative Law
• Dealing With Medicare & Medicaid
• NJ Board of Pharmacy - How to Deal with Various Licensing Issues You May Encounter
• Pharmacy Compounding
• The Anatomy of a DEA Case - Your Rights, Responsibilities, & Potential Liabilities
• New Jersey Healthcare Regulatory Update - April 2014
A few of the many services
• New Jersey Board of Pharmacy Hearings
• Sale/ purchase of pharmacy
• Licensing issues
• Medicaid/ 3rd party audits
• Mail order pharmacies
• HIPAA compliance
• DEA regulatory compliance/ hearings
• Defend Against Medicaid/Medicare Fraud Charges
In addition to his administrative law practice, Mr. Poondi also represents patients who were injured by pharmaceutical products against large pharmaceutical companies. Presently he is representing:
• Patients that developed bladder cancer after taking Actos, a diabetes medication
• Patients that developed heart attacks/ strokes after taking Avandia, a diabetes medication
• Patients that developed gastrointestinal complications (e.g. ulcerative colitis) after taking Accutane, a medication used to treat acne.
• Patients that suffered from psychotic episodes after taking a generic version of Wellbutrin XL that was recalled by the FDA
• Patients that lost limbs after being administered Heparin, an anti-coagulant
Mr. Poondi also represents clients with lung cancer and mesothelioma caused by their exposure to asbestos.
Mr. Poondi is also an active member of the community. He is the Director of Legislative Affairs for the Asian American Retailers Association and Director of Communications for the Indian Business Association. He previously served on the Mayor's Advisory Committee on Community Relations for the township of Edison. In addition, Mr. Poondi is on the Executive Board of various Middlesex County based community associations.