Practice/Industry Group Overview
Who We Are
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP is a multi-office law firm representing businesses from coast to coast. We serve the local, national and international needs of publicly held and privately owned organizations and firms and individuals engaged in the full range of commercial enterprises.
What We Do
Schnader's Business Services Department provides legal representation in many areas including:
- Business formation
- Corporate finance
- Real estate
- Intellectual property
- Banking and lending
- Insolvency and creditor’s rights
- Government relations
- Business counseling
- Business breakups and divestitures
- Public and tax exempt finance
- Health care
Where We Are Located
Schnader's offices: Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Cherry Hill, New Jersey; New York, New York; San Francisco, California; Washington, D.C.; and Wilmington, Delaware.
It is a simple one. Proactive, common sense representation.
To Learn More
You can obtain more information and subscribe to our newsletters by clicking on the navigation bar above.
We publish our newsletters and alerts electronically and in hard copy:
- Business Law
- International Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Environmental Law
- Health Law
- Trusts and Estates
- Technology Law
- Pro Bono
You can also meet our lawyers. Many have served in government, possess graduate degrees, and have spent time in private industry.
Our Corporate Client Value Propositions
Schnader offers a full range of legal services that will fill the business needs of our clients. Our lawyers are accomplished and practical and provide sophisticated advice. We have broad experience in most areas of business law, and we provide first-class services in a cost-effective manner.
Working with the Business Client
Our lawyers offer a combination of broad experience and a dedication to service.
Schnader Corporate Skills
This "sampler" will provide a glimpse of all the skills offered by Schnader attorneys and the reach of our practice:
- Corporate governance consistent with regulatory and fiduciary requirements
- Broad securities practice, including secondary offerings, PIPEs and corporate compliance with SEC, Exchange and NASDAQ regulation
- Counseling on periodic reporting and insider trading issues
- Comprehensive commercial practice, including ventures, licensing and distribution
- Corporate compliance programs
- Executive compensation structuring and parachute issues
- Antitrust counseling and litigation
- Governmental relations, including interface with the executive and legislative branches locally and in Washington
- International experience in structuring transactions, and dealing with European and Japanese antimonopoly regulations
- Full national, international, state and local tax practice
- Sophisticated intellectual property practice, including patent prosecution and litigation in all technologies
- Merger and acquisition experience in many different industries
- Litigation practice of national stature, since Schnader’s founding in 1935
Working with Management
You will have direct contact with experienced practitioners. Many of our attorneys have worked in major American businesses, in the SEC or in other key regulatory agencies.
While Schnader may staff engagements in part with junior attorneys, we do not train them at the expense of our clients. We provide depth at a fair fee structure.
Schnader is committed to supporting in-house counsel in the manner you need. We understand when we are asked to lead, and when to follow. We will work on a variety of fee arrangements as required to meet your budget for outside services.
We invite you to retain Schnader for a discrete corporate engagement and judge for yourself. Look at our service, our responsiveness and our fee structure. We look forward to serving you.
Working with the Middle-Market Corporate Client
Businesses competing in the middle market usually face all of the hardest problems: lean executive staffing stresses management; competition with larger competitors squeezes margins; capital is tight, particularly during expansion; and many decisions feel like "bet-the-company" moments, as you grow and find yourself in uncharted waters.
Schnader business lawyers have been there and can counsel you.
We will assist you with the network resources of our national Firm: for credit lines, for private and public capital, for strategic introductions, for acquisition opportunities and for growth.
Many firms must retrofit to address the middle-market company. Schnader attorneys have been representing this kind of company all along. Our mindset is to support management proactively. We counsel as well as represent. We can be an extra layer of executive experience and insight when you reach your decision points.
Our size permits us to serve a broad range of needs. Our attorneys not only provide national scope from offices coast to coast, but also possess the requisite skill sets to help solve big issues. We also identify and help correct little issues before they become big ones.
Schnader seeks to team with the middle-market company. We support and become part of your planning and strategic thinking. We take note of what you want, your budget and your time requirements. We suggest areas of savings -- and identify areas where legal focus is important. Our attorneys look forward to working with you.