- Real Estate, Zoning & Land Use Litigation
- Private Client
- Real Estate
- Retail & Consumer Products
|Contact Info||Telephone: 617.348.1744|
Internet: Each Attorney's Internet Address takes the following form: first initial, last name @mintz.com (e.g., email@example.com)
|University ||College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1991|
|Law School||Boston College, J.D., magna cum laude, 1995|
• Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
• Member, American Bar Association
• Member, Boston Bar Association
• Hingham Historic Districts Commission
Scott represents clients in a variety of commercial disputes, focused primarily on real estate and fiduciary matters. Much of Scott's practice involves fiduciary disputes between shareholders of private companies. He counsels clients on achieving the most effective and efficient means of resolving these unique disputes, either through litigation or negotiated agreements.
Scott also advises development and construction clients in the contracting and permitting process. His practice also includes litigating construction disputes, land use decisions, issues related to joint ownership matters, and commercial lease cases.
He has appeared before the US District Court, United States Bankruptcy Court, Massachusetts Superior Court, Massachusetts District Court, Massachusetts Housing Court, and Massachusetts Probate and Family Court as well as various state, federal, and local regulatory bodies. He has tried numerous cases, and he has also argued appeals before the Massachusetts Appeals Court and the Supreme Judicial Court.
Scott is Co-chair of Mintz Levin Professional Development (MLPD), which provides and coordinates all of the firm's attorney training programs. In addition to serving as an instructor for MLPD, he has been an instructor for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education.
During law school, he was a member of the National Moot Court Team.
He coaches various Hingham youth athletic teams.
• Seventy-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2013 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars , (10.21.2013)
• Seventy-One Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2012 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (10.22.2012)
• Fifty-Two Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.21.2011)
• Forty-Nine Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.19.2010)
• Forty-Eight Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.27.2009)
• Forty-Six Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.29.2008)
• Forty-Five Mintz Levin Attorneys Recognized as Massachusetts Super Lawyers, (10.25.2007)
Recognitions & Awards
• Massachusetts Super Lawyers: Closely Held Business (2005 - 2013)
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#85 in weekly profile views out of 19,012 lawyers in Boston, Massachusetts|
|#7,106 in weekly profile views out of 1,515,714 total lawyers Overall|