Scott Tarter is chair of the International Law Practice Group, a partner in the Business Services Group and Sports, Entertainment and Media Group, and serves as a member of the firm's executive committee. Mr. Tarter assists businesses and individuals with general corporate and legal advice, including mergers and acquisitions, the selling of business assets or ownership interests, international joint ventures and business transactions, general business planning and advice, contracts, employment matters and shareholder issues and disputes. He assists U.S. based companies with establishing international sourcing and supply relationships, distribution networks, and foreign subsidiaries or affiliated operations. Mr. Tarter also assists foreign-owned businesses with operations in the U.S., including assisting with the establishment and development of U.S. based subsidiaries and business operations. He also works with new and emerging companies to help them form and structure their businesses and develop growth strategies. In addition, Mr. Tarter has represented the interests of educators in various matters and is a member of the firm's Education Law Group. He is a member of the Indianapolis, Indiana State and American Bar Associations.
Honors / Awards
Indiana Super Lawyers® 2007-2012 (Business/Corporate/International Law); AV® Peer Review rated by Martindale-Hubbell; Advocate of the Year (Indiana Academy of Ophthalmology, 1997)
· Served as lead counsel to a leading manufacturer of luxury shampoos, soaps and body lotions offered in upscale hotels and resorts internationally, in the sale of the company, including its operations in the United States and Great Britain, to a US private equity group.
· Served as lead counsel to Car Bright, Inc., a manufacturer of professional automotive conditioning products, in the sale of its assets, including its operations in Great Britain, to Ashland/Valvoline.
· Served as US counsel in the sale of a motorsports data acquisition and control systems business, based in Great Britain and having substantial US operations, to Ford Motor Company.
· Served as US counsel to Companhia Siderurgica Nacional, S.A., a Brazilian steel manufacturer, in connection with its acquisition of Heartland Steel, Inc.
· Served as lead US counsel in the joint venture formation of a successful international professional motorsports team.
· Assisted with the business planning, formation and establishment of a US distribution system for an Australian winery.
· Served as lead US counsel to Udi's Healthy Foods LLC in the sale if its capital stock to Smart Balance, Inc.
· Served as lead counsel to Createc Corporation, a leading provider of specialty foam products, in the sale of its business to Protexic Brands, a strategic business unit of Tegrant Corporation.
· Served as lead counsel to Dynaloy, LLC, a specialty chemical business, in the sale of its assets to Eastman Chemical Company.
Appearances / Publications
Mr. Tarter has participated in numerous speaking engagements and training seminars for clients covering various corporate and business topics. He has also appeared as a guest on Inside Indiana Business.
View video for information regarding IndyPartnership and Bose, McKinney & Evans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdud3zSl5tg
Appointments / Memberships
Member: Indianapolis (Business Law Section) and Indiana State (Business Law, International Law, and Sports and Entertainment Law Sections) Bar Associations; Indiana Bar Foundation (fellow); Board of Directors of the Indiana Motorsports Association (2010-present); Delta Upsilon Educational Foundation, Inc. (Board of Trustees and Executive Committee member, 1998 - 2004); Indiana Chapter, Association for Corporate Growth; World Trade Club of Indiana; Butler Business School for Lawyers (2012).