Analyzing Insurance Coverage: Both insurers and their insured look to Scott to wade through the legalese of insurance policies and interpret coverage for various losses. He has successfully resolved these matters, often without the need for expensive litigation or the implication of bad faith.
Impacting State Law: During the 2005 Arizona legislative session, Scott successfully worked to modify state law regarding qualifying party duties for pest control companies. Additionally, he authored a training manual for "qualifying parties" which is considered as the authoritative source and used statewide.
Fighting an Employment law case: When a former employee sued his employer over employment covenants, Scott stepped in to fight back the spurious claims. Not only did Scott successfully defend the employer's covenants, he also recovered, on behalf of his client, over $100,000 from the former employee to pay attorney fees and costs.
Winning for pensioners: Scott served as lead counsel on a large ERISA case where pensioners alleged breach of duty and statutory violations in several jointly trusted Phoenix Taft-Hartley funds. Scott and his team ultimately prevailed, resulting in significant recovery for the pensioners.
Get To Know Scott In His Own Words
"No one can doubt my fervor for the law. I decided to become a lawyer as a high school sophomore, when I attended career day. I put myself through college and law school while working full time at the Chicago firm where I ultimately became a partner."
"Many of my clients are in the pest control industry. I act as counsel to the Association, lobby for the industry, and send timely newsletters to our clients, keeping them on the cutting edge of legal and technical developments. I've also authored a book on business license and qualifying party duties in the pest-control industry, and teach industry courses approved for credit by the Arizona Structural Pest Control Commission."
- Spoke on Bad Faith Insurance Law to the National Business Institute.
- Lectured on Construction Defect Litigation for Lorman Educational Services Continuing Education Seminars.
- Author: Office of Pest Management Qualifying Party Manual for Pest Control, Arizona
- Author: Business Owners Manual for Pest Control, Arizona
- Actively participated in writing Arizona pest control law for past twenty years
- Speaker at the Southwest Conference, National Pest Management Association, El Paso, Texas.
Professional and Civic Service
- Founder of the Horizon High School Booster Club, which annually grants 15 scholarships to deserving young men and women
- Founding Board Member of the Paradise Valley Education Foundation
- Founder of Farewell Fiesta, an all-night drug and alcohol free party for Horizon High School graduates, attended annually by 1000 students and now in its 21st year
- Member, National Pest Management Association
- Member, Arizona Pest Professionals Organization
- Member, Arizona Landscape Contractors Association
- Member, Arizona Pest Control Association, Allied Member of Year, 1998-1999
- Recent Executive Counsel Member of the Administrative Law Section of the Arizona State
- Chairman of the Foundation for Public Education in Paradise Valley School District.
- It's Not the Bark, it's the Bite
- Appearing Before The Office of Administrative Hearings
Protecting Your Most Valuable Business Asset
- Managing Business Risk
- Will Your Business Survive These Tough Economic Times?
- Avoiding an Ugly Business Divorce (from the March/April 2011 issue of The Alca Influence)
- Third Time is a Charm - Office of Pest Management Transferred to the Department of Agriculture
- When is the Penalty Before an Administrative Agency Too Much?
- Ugh..Bed Bugs!
- Frights Survive Halloween Night - Bed Bugs Continue to Bite
- Do You Know and Understand Your Insurance Coverage or Are Your Insurance Policies Hiding in a Box Somewhere
- Seven Steps to Set Your Pest Control Company Apart From Your Competitors
- Ten Key Areas to Consider When Purchasing Business Insurance
- 10 Tips on How to Make Your Professional Business Partners Your Risk Manager
- Data Breach - What are the Risks to My Company?
- Health Insurance Rebate Checks Issued to 11,000 Arizona Companies
Scott Richardson Upcoming Speaking Engagements:
2012 Arizona Pest Management Conference & Expo - Pest Control
Scott Richardson will be presenting at the 2012 Arizona Pest Management Conference & Expo on Thursday March 29, 2012 (Crowne Plaza San Marcos Resort - One San Marcos Place Chandler, AZ 85225 and on Friday March 30, 2012 Holiday Inn - 4550 South Palo Verde Road Tucson, AZ 85714. He will be discussing legal updates including what you should know as a pest professional organization in addition —ing Qualifying Party and Supervisor Responsibilities. The expo is approved for 6 CEU Hours. Registration fee is $90 for AZPPO members and $105 for non-members.
Qualifying Party Manual
Scott Richardson is in the process of scheduling a series of seminars through Chemtech on the Qualifying Party Manual that will soon be launched. Pest Control Business
Scott Richardson, attorney with expertise in assisting pest control companies, frequently speaks on the topic of managing legal risks.
Scott Richardson in the News:
Foundation for Public Education
Scott Richardson is rated AV Preeminent from Martindale-Hubbell
During the 2005 Arizona legislative session, Scott successfully worked to modify state law regarding qualifying party duties for pest control companies. Additionally, he authored a training manual for "qualifying parties" which is considered as the authoritative source and used statewide.
3 terms President Horizon High School Boosters Co founder and board member of Foundation for Public education in Paradise Valley Schools Board member Farewell Fiesta, Horizon HS all night drug and alcohol free graduation party