- Estate Planning
- and Trusts
- Land Use
- Zoning and Concurrency
|Contact Info||Telephone: 904.346.5795|
|University ||Wake Forest University, B.A., English, Latin, 2007|
|Law School||University of Richmond, T.C. Williams School of Law, J.D., 2010|
|Admitted||2010, Florida; Middle District of Florida; United States Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida|
Bar Association Membership
• Florida Bar Association
• American Bar Association
• Jacksonville Bar Association
Mr. St. Amand is a member of Rogers Towers' Business and Tax Department and concentrates his practice in the areas of corporate taxes and general business practices.
• American Bankruptcy Institute
Awards and Distinctions
• Editor-in-Chief, Richmond Journal of Law and Public Interest
• Recipient, QUEST Research Fellowship
• Recipient, Presidential Scholarship for Excellence in Writing
• Member, Eta Sigma Phi Honor Society
Professional and Community Involvement
• Chairman, Young Professionals Board, Communities in Schools of Jacksonville, 2014
Publications and Presentations
• “Serial Strippers Take National Stage: Fourth Circuit Permits Lien-Stripping in Chapter 20,” XXXII ABI Journal 6, 14, July 2013.
• Protecting Neglect: The Constitutionality of Spiritual Healing Exemptions to Child Protection Statutes, 12 RICHMOND JOURNAL OF LAW AND THE PUBLIC INTEREST 139, 2009
• “'Down' Is Out 'Off' Is In: Stripping Liens after McNeal,” XXXI ABI Journal 6, July 2012
Previous Professional Experience
Prior to joining Rogers Towers, Mr. St. Amand worked at Brennan, Manna & Diamond, P.L. practicing in the areas of commercial litigation, bankruptcy, transactions and labor law. During law school, Mr. St. Amand received a research fellowship conducting an empirical study of federal pleading standards. Mr. St. Amand also spent a year and a half as a law clerk to the Chesterfield County Attorney's Office and Chesterfield County School Board Attorney in Chesterfield, Virginia, concentrating on local government, land use and planning, education, and constitutional law. Prior to law school, Mr. St. Amand spent three summers as a law clerk at the Jacksonville law firm of Pajcic & Pajcic, focusing on catastrophic personal injury and motor vehicle crash worthiness cases.
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Commission Calls for Overhaul of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Code
Scott St. Amand,J. Ellsworth Summers, March 3, 2015
On Monday, December 8, 2014, the American Bankruptcy Institute’s Chapter 11 Reform Commission, which is tasked with recommending reforms to the nearly 40-year-old bankruptcy regime, released a report which found that the current Chapter 11 system has fallen behind the times. The...
Ms. McNeal Goes to Washington
Scott St. Amand,J. Ellsworth Summers, February 18, 2015
For those of you who have followed our blog since its inception, you will know that one of our most discussed opinions is that of In re McNeal, in which the Eleventh Circuit held that a debtor may strip a wholly unsecured junior mortgage in a Chapter 7 proceeding. Although the decision is anathema...
Discovery and Social Media
Scott Jonathan Kennelly,Scott St. Amand, December 29, 2014
The advent of social media has brought about many changes in the world of litigation, not the least of which is the availability of information that previously would have been impossible to discover. It is hardly an exaggeration that between Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social media...
|Profile Visibility |
|#345 in weekly profile views out of 4,193 lawyers in Jacksonville, Florida|
|#107,676 in weekly profile views out of 1,684,342 total lawyers Overall|