Shane Stroud's practice focuses on a wide variety of matters in the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation, including those related to mergers, acquisitions, spin-offs, initial public offerings and other extraordinary corporate events (such as private equity and leveraged buyout transactions). Shane also routinely advises clients on excessive compensation, golden parachute and deferred compensation issues.
Shane also counsels clients with respect to bankruptcy, securities, corporate governance and other laws affecting employee benefits and executive compensation matters. He also advises a wide range of companies with regard to designing and drafting equity based and incentive compensation plans. Shane has extensive experience representing both executives and employers with respect to the negotiation and drafting of executive employment and severance agreements.
He regularly advises clients on the implementation and design of qualified and non-qualified employee benefit plans (including health and welfare plans, 401(k) plans, employee stock ownership plans and supplemental executive retirement plans). Shane also advises clients on a wide variety of ERISA issues, including plan reporting and disclosure, participation, vesting, funding, benefit accrual, fiduciary responsibility, prohibited transactions, plan termination, merger and employer withdrawal liability issues.
Shane received his B.A. in History from the University of New Orleans and his J.D., magna cum laude, from Tulane Law School, where he was a member of the Order of the Coif. He served as a clerk to The Honorable Morey L. Sear of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana. He is admitted to practice in New York.
Hon. Morey L. Sear
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
•salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. in its $15.6 billion acquisition by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc.
• Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. in its acquisition of Civitas Therapeutics, Inc.
•salix Pharmaceuticals in its terminated combination with Cosmo Technologies, a subsidiary of Cosmo Pharmaceuticals.
• Exelon Corporation's in its acquisition of Integrys Energy Services, a retail electricity and natural gas company, and ETC ProLiance Energy, a natural gas marketing company.
• Forbes Media LLC in its sale of a majority equity interest to a group of international investors led by Integrated Asset Management (Asia) Limited.
• Elan Corporation in its $8.6 billion acquisition by Perrigo Company.
• Brandon Point Industries Limited and Woodford Investment Management in connection with an equity investment in Viamet Pharmaceuticals Holdings, LLC.
• Towers Watson's sale of its Reinsurance Brokerage Business.
• Towers Watson's acquisition of Liazon Corporation.
• Pfizer Inc.'s sale of its Capsugel business to KKR.
• DPL Inc.'s merger with AES Corp.
• Pfizer Inc.'s acquisition of King Pharmaceuticals.
• Towers Watson's acquisition of Extend Health.
• Angiodynamics' acquisition of Navilyst Medical.
•secured Lenders in the chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings of radio station operator Inner City Media Corporation.
• Vertis in connection with its chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings and sale of substantially all of its assets to Quad/Graphics.
• Icahn Capital in its bid for the assets of Blockbuster, Inc.
News & Resources
• Cadwalader Represents BankUnited in Agreement to Acquire Certus's Small Business Finance Unit Mar 09, 2015
• Cadwalader, Covington Handle Pfizer's King Pharmaceuticals Buy Oct 12, 2010
Clients & Friends Memos
• Final Regulations on Section 162(m) Deduction Limit Exceptions Apr 28, 2015
• Legal Series: Say on Pay and Executive Compensation Litigation in 2014 Aug 22, 2014
• Quorum: February 2015 V3N1Feb 11, 2015