Sharon concentrates her practice in the management of electronic discovery. She has valuable expertise in electronic discovery and in managing massive document productions. She assists clients with collection, organization and preparation of data for review and analysis in legal matters, regulatory filings and investigations. Sharon has extensive knowledge of various litigation support tools, such as Relativity, Stratify, Kroll, Concordance, and Summation.
She works closely with other attorneys, litigation technology support managers, and paralegals on matters that involve electronic and non-electronic documents in all types of cases and investigations. Sharon takes a leadership role in the document control process, systematically tracking data from preservation to collection and through the review and production process. She works with e-discovery vendors and their review and analytical tools, manages the review of documents, trains and oversees firm and contract attorneys, as well as translators, and assists with all phases of discovery and trial preparations.
Prior to becoming a member of the Firm's Litigation Group, Sharon practiced in health care law, advising institutional and individual health care providers on the legal aspects of their business, including health care and insurance regulation.
· Assists insurance and litigation teams in the collection, review and production of data in responding to investigations and subpoenas by various government agencies.
· Advises teams regarding strategy and quality control processes for the cost-effective analysis, review and production of documents.
· Part of firm-wide Litigation Support Department management team.
· Member of trial teams representing a major international pharmaceutical company in patent infringement actions in which over 1.5 million documents were reviewed.
· Managed electronic discovery review team of 30+ attorneys in the review and analysis of over 1.2 million electronic documents.
· Part of discovery teams managing the collection, review, analysis, and triaging of millions of documents, many of them in a foreign language.
· Supervised team of over 70 attorneys and translators working on a massive document production.
· Managed large team of translators and attorneys working in various locations on a large-scale patent litigation matter.
· Created and supervised teams of attorneys on several small to medium sized document reviews.
Besides Edwards Wildman
Sharon enjoys reading, traveling, and spending time with her husband and two children.