Ms. Xu is a special counsel in the Corporate practice group in the firm's Beijing office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Xu has extensive experience representing multinational companies in foreign direct investment, merger and acquisition and cross-border commercial transactions. Ms. Xu has expertise in advising international clients on tax, foreign exchange, and customs issues. She also has experience advising clients on arbitration and dispute resolution and international trade matters. Her clients include companies in aviation, software, electronic, chemical, machinery, entertainment, home appliances and education industries. Ms. Xu has eight years of experience including two years with an international accounting firm and six years with international law firms.
· Providing counsel to multinational companies in formation, reorganizing, merger and acquisition, operational, joint venture and liquidation activities with respect to foreign investment in a broad range of industry groups.
· Advising international clients on general tax compliance, tax optimization and transfer pricing related matters.
· Providing counsel to U.S. companies on FCPA and PRC anti-bribery law issues relating to their China operations and conducting FCPA compliance audit and training.
· Advising client on arbitration and dispute resolution in China and representing client in international arbitration at the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission.
· Representing clients before China Customs on customs audits and investigations and advising client on general customs compliance issues and inward processing relief matters.
· Advising clients on technology import and export, licensing and encryption related matters.
· Providing counsel to China-based parties in countervailing duty and anti-dumping investigations.
· Chinese Outbound Newsletter - March 2013, March 11, 2013
· "Case Study: Tax Incentives for Purchasing Domestic Equipment," published in the June 2005 issue of China Tax Intelligence
China Law Blog Articles
· "Supreme People Court's Interpretation on Employment Law Issues," March 20, 2013
· "Six Ministries and Commissions to Join Force to Administer the Renminbi Settlement of Export Trade," March 9, 2012
· China 2013: Legal, Political, and Business Outlook for 2013 and Beyond, October 24, 2013