Ms. Rhymes concentrates her practice on oil and gas transactional matters. She conducts contract drafting and review, legal research and title examination. For energy industry clients, she regularly renders drill site and division order title opinions and conducts title examination for the purchase and sale of real estate.
As an advisor on Louisiana mineral law, property law and contract law, Ms. Rhymes has valuable experience with all types of contracts and agreements used in the oil and gas industry.
Her background includes mineral lease, pipeline and right-of-way acquisitions, and other energy-related contract negotiation and preparation. Ms. Rhymes prepares purchase and sale agreements, surface and subsurface leases, mineral leases, farmouts, subleases, assignments of leases and overriding royalties and various curative instruments.
In commercial litigation matters involving property and energy-related disputes, Ms. Rhymes has experience handling royalty, mineral lease and general oil and gas contractual disputes. She has also worked in the area of administrative and regulatory law related to onshore and offshore oil and gas operations.
During acquisitions and sales of producing properties, Ms. Rhymes performs title review, due diligence and document preparation. In succession matters, her experience includes ancillary successions and obtaining court authority for succession representatives to execute mineral leases or sales of property under administration.
After receiving her law degree from Louisiana State University, Ms. Rhymes served as a law clerk to the Honorable Henry A. Politz, Chief Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, from 1997 to 1998.
Honors & Affiliations:
· Lafayette Parish, Louisiana State and American Bar Associations - Member
· Acadiana Inn of Court
· Law Clerk to the Honorable Henry A. Politz, Chief Judge, United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1997 - 1998
· American Association of Professional Landmen - Member
· Lafayette Association of Professional Landmen - Member
· "Fall Educational Seminar," Lafayette Association of Professional Landmen, 2002
· "Spring Educational Seminar," Lafayette Association of Professional Landmen, 2000