- Financial Institutions
- Aviation & Aircraft Finance
- Corporate & Securities
- Mergers & Acquisitions
|Contact Info||Telephone: 305.579.0783|
|University ||Yale University, B.A., Ethics, Politics/Economics, 1996 Co-Founder and Co-President, Yale African Students Association, Views Editor and Business Manager, Say It Loud Newsletter, Housing Representative, Ezra Stiles College, Delegate, Yale-Moscow State University Student Exchange, 1994; Executive Articles Editor, Harvard Human Rights Journal|
|Law School||Harvard Law School, J.D., 1999; Staff, Harvard Law School Alumni Association, Annual Giving; Board Member, Harvard Black Law Students Association, Executive Board, Member, Prison Legal Assistance Project|
|Admitted||2000, New York; 2003, Florida|
|Memberships ||American Bar Association; Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. Bar Association. |
Simone Z. Boayue-Gumbs advises borrowers and lenders in various financing transactions and counsels airlines and private clients in the sale, purchase, and leasing of commercial and corporate aircraft. Prior to joining the firm, she worked at a major New York law firm.
Areas of Concentration
· Banking and financial institutions
· Aircraft leasing and financing
· General corporate and securities matters
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, American Bar Association
· Member, Wilkie D. Ferguson Jr. Bar Association
· Member, Yale Alumni Schools Committee of South Florida
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, Legacy magazine, "South Florida's 40 Under 40: Black Leaders of Today and Tomorrow," 2013
· Team Member, Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc., one of "America's Best Corporate Law Firms," 13th Annual Legal Industry Study, 2013
· Member, team ranked as a top corporate law firm in Miami as selected by corporate directors, in the annual "Legal Industry Research Study," Corporate Board Member magazine and FTI Consulting Inc. (10th year), 2002-2009, 2011-2012
· Represented lenders and borrowers, including JPMorgan Chase Bank, Wachovia Bank, National Association and SunTrust Bank in connection with secured and unsecured credit facilities involving term, revolving, and multi-currency loans.
· Represented airlines and leasing companies, including Ansett Worldwide Aviation Services, Jetscape, Inc., COPA Airlines and Frontier Airlines, Inc. in connection with the financing and refinancing of aircraft and the registration, deregistration and leasing of aircraft.
· Represented purchasers and sellers, including Technical Olympic USA, Inc. and Applica Consumer Products, Inc. in connection with public and private mergers and acquisitions transactions.
Some of the above representations were handled by Mrs. Boayue-Gumbs prior to her joining Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
(Also at New York, NY Office)
|Profile Visibility |
|#1,098 in weekly profile views out of 9,816 lawyers in Miami, Florida|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|