About this office:
Who are we?
Jersey's leading niche conflict resolution and avoidance firm.
What are our future plans?
To continue as Jersey's premier niche conflict resolution and avoidance firm, to grow in strength and wisdom and to deliver better value for money.
Who do we work for?
We work for a diverse range of institutions and high net worth individuals. All are informed purchasers who appreciate the firm's independence, integrity, strategic thinking and commitment to personal service. In addition, we undertake a significant amount of pro bono work for individuals in most need, yet least able to access justice.
What areas do we specialize in?
We provide a full range of civil and commercial litigation and pre-litigation solutions, including trustee advisory services and director advisory services. We have an extensive track record in a number of specialist areas, these include:
Banking and Financial Services: Unlike all comparable Jersey-based law firms we have no external stakeholders or partnerships with financial services companies. As a result, we are not beholden to the Jersey Financial Services Commission or anyone else other than our clients; therefore we are perfectly placed to provide truly independent advice to financial services companies, trustees and trust beneficiaries.
Fraud/Asset Tracing: We understand fraudsters and how to deal with them.
Matrimonial: At Sinels we take a holistic approach to matrimonial issues. Whilst our legal expertise is at the core of our offer we are alive to the fact that divorce affects individuals on many levels. Our approach ensures that our clients receive all the support they require from financial planning to counseling services, removing the stress from the process and particularly from litigation. Both avoidance and resolution of disputes are our main focus. However, litigation, should it be required, is vigorously pursued. Our day-to-day contact with the financial services community means we are also able to bring absolute clarity to complex financial situations, essential for resolving cases involving high net worth individuals.
Employment: Working for both employees and employers, we have developed a deep pool of experience in employment litigation.
Why use Sinels?
· Independent status, no external stakeholders or corporate and industry ties;
· Integrity, consistent in both word and deed, we do what we say we will;
· Strategic thinking and approach, prepared to utilize the latest legal and non-legal conflict resolution techniques;
· Intelligence based approaches to problem solving;
· Proven track record, tackled a range of high profile cases including trust and matrimonial cases;
· Fearless and no nonsense approach, with the desire and will to win, we take on cases that others have deemed too complex such as the Mubarak, Caversham (Patel) and Cantrade cases;
· Review process, cases are continually monitored to ensure that the firm delivers results for its clients;
· Local knowledge, we have a thorough knowledge and understanding of Jersey, its institutions and law;
· Litigation specialist, the firm boasts some of the most experienced Jersey-based litigators and is able to attract the brightest and best talent in the field;
· Strength of team, our entire team consists of dedicated litigation specialists;
· Quality of network, an extended team of excellent barristers, forensic accountants, and investigators;
· Personal service, all clients are treated with the same measure of respect, care and attention;
· Fee earners trained to value results over billable hours.
How large is Sinels?
· Twelve-strong litigation team and twelve support staff.
What is the firm like to work for?
As a rapidly growing organization with a distinct profile in Jersey and beyond, we are able to recruit and retain exceptionally talented lawyers. We support and fully train our employees, who individually and collectively are people that add real value to Sinels and to how we serve our clients.
How has the firm performed financially?
· Current turnover is £3m per annum;
· Financial target going forward is £4m within three years.
What external recognition has the firm received?
Philip Sinel, Christopher Lakeman and Paul Tracey are regular commentators on Jersey legal and constitutional issues. The firm has recently attracted a lot of additional media interest as a result of high profile successes, its advocacy of constitutional change and pro bono support for survivors of child abuse.