Stanley is a founding partner of the firm Bergman Horowitz & Reynolds which merged with Withers in 2002 to create Withers Bergman in the US. His practice encompasses all phases of tax law, estate planning and trusts (both domestic and international), business law and advising on pension plans.
He is a contributor to various tax periodicals and co-author of a book on the design of pension and profit sharing plans which is part of the tax management service published by the Bureau of National Affairs. He is also a frequent lecturer and instructor of continuing education courses.
Stanley is a Certified Public Accountant.
Publications and speaking engagements
· Presentation at Withers Bergman LLP Annual International Trust and Tax Planning Conference, "Americans Abroad Successfully Moving People, Money and Businesses out of the US," New York, June 2005.
· A contributor to various tax periodicals and co-author of a book on the design of pension and profit sharing plans which is part of the tax management service published by the Bureau of National Affairs.
· Guest lecturer at University of Heidelberg Law School and University of Michigan Law School.
· Presentation at the 2nd Annual Global Family Office Conference, "Three Years Back and Three Years Forward," sponsored by MGI and Withers Bergman LLP, New York, April 2004.
· Presentation at FOX Fall Forum, "Global Structures and Strategic Planning," sponsored by Family Office Exchange, Illinois, October 2003.
· Co-Author of "It's a Smaller World, But It's No Less Taxing," Leaders Magazine, April, May and June 2003.
· Presentation of "Creative International Solutions," Withers Bergman LLP annual conference on The Good, The Bad and the Ugly of International Trust and Tax Planning, New York, May 2003.
· Connecticut Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· Advisory Board to the Department of Psychiatry at Yale University School of Medicine
· International Arts and Ideas Festival, New Haven, Connecticut-RETIRED
· Served 20 years as Bank Director for Fleet Bank and its predecessor
On a personal note
Stanley is married with two children and four grandchildren. He enjoys the opera, reading and swimming in his free time.