- Emerging Growth/Venture Capital
- Family Owned and Closely-Held Businesses
- Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Middle Market
- Private Equity
- Public Company Corporate Governance and Compliance
- Private Wealth Services
- Entertainment, Technology, and Advertising
- Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act - FCPA
- Intellectual Property Rights Under Government Contracts
- Corporate Compliance
- Foreign Investment for Entrepreneurs and Investors - EB-5
- Intellectual Property
- False Advertising, Lanham Act and Unfair Competition
- IP Licensing, Technology and Commercial Transactions
- Trade Secrets
- Trademarks and Trade Dress
- International Practice
- International Trade
- L'Italian Desk
- Labor and Employment
- Labor and Employment Counseling
- Employment Agreements
- Handbooks and Personnel Policies
- High-Technology Employment
- Privacy and Data Security
- Corporate Tax
- Executive Compensation
- International Tax
- Non-Profit and Tax-Exempt Entities
- Technology Transactions
- Digital Business
- Fashion, Apparel and Beauty
- Social Media
- Video Game
|University ||Pepperdine University, B.A., cum laude, 1994|
|Law School||University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1999 Order of the Coif|
Stephanie Zeppa is a partner in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm's Palo Alto office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Zeppa has extensive experience representing both private and public companies in a wide range of transactions including mergers and acquisitions, financing, strategic transactions and corporate governance matters.
She also works with emerging growth companies, founders, institutional investors and other investors in connection with formation, financing and exits of emerging growth and technology companies.
The companies that she works with are in a number of industries including digital media, interactive entertainment, digital health, retail fashion, IT and financial services throughout the United States and Europe.
· Advised on Sony Computer Entertainment America's separate aquisitions of Incognito Entertainment, Red Zone Interactive, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch Productions and Zipper Interactive, developers of consumer software entertainment products.
· Represented a founder of Twitter in a secondary sale of securities.
· Represented Essence Digital, an award winning digital agency with global reach and Fortune 100 technology clients, in acquisition of mobile advertising company Point Reach, and digital media group Black Bag. Acted as outside general counsel for North American expansion.
· Represented Big Buddha, Inc. in its sale to Steve Madden, Ltd.
· Advised on the sale of Paymo to Boku, a mobile payment provider.
· Represented DNA Direct in its sale to Medco Health Solutions.
· Represented venture fund investors in various early and late stage institutional rounds of investments for a diverse range of technology companies including Kiip, Jelli, Delighted, Ekahau, DNA Direct and Reaction Housing Systems.
· Advised on Experian's separate acquisitions of MetaReward, a leading online customer acquisition company; PromiseMark, a developer of online consumer protection software; and ThermoMedia, an Internet-based marketing company.
· Advised on the sale of HealthNet Dental and HealthNet Vision to SafeGuard Health Enterprises.
· Corporate/M&A: Venture Capital, Chambers, 2013
· Catalyst Award Program Advisor, Clinical and Translational Science Institute - UCSF
· Member, California Bar Association
· Advisor, Astia
· Sheppard Mullin Adds Finance, Patent Pros In Bay Area, Law360, August 13, 2013
Healthcare Law Blog Articles
· "The FDA Releases Long-Awaited Final Guidance on Mobile Medical Applications," September 24, 2013
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
Proposed Health IT Strategy Aims to Promote Innovation
Eugene Y.C. Ngai,Stephanie L. Zeppa, June 17, 2014
On April 7, 2014, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), in consultation with the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) and the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released a draft report addressing a proposed strategy and recommendations on an...
Facebook Announces Purchase of Oculus VR, a Virtual Reality Gaming Company
Irene Lu,Stephanie L. Zeppa, April 4, 2014
On March 25th Facebook announced the social media company’s plans to acquire Oculus VR for approximately $2 billion. Oculus is best known for its forthcoming product, Oculus Rift, a virtual reality gaming headset. By offering expansive 3D views and technology that reacts to a user’s...
|Profile Visibility |
|#232 in weekly profile views out of 3,312 lawyers in Palo Alto, California|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|