Stephen is engaged in the general practice of commercial real estate law, both nationally and locally, including complex leasing transactions; office leasing; shopping center, office, and commercial building development; construction and redevelopment; sales, acquisitions, and financings of large multiproperty groupings; complex financial restructurings for developers and other property owners; and the acquisition and disposition of oil and gas properties.
He is also engaged in the interdisciplinary practice area defined by the intersection of real estate and communications law, which includes the development of telecommunications facilities, such as broadcast transmitter and wireless communications tower and rooftop sites, the development of telecom switch facilities, and the representation of owners and broadband providers in building wiring transactions.
He has particular experience with developing and leasing major antenna mast sites for use by radio and television stations and other communications providers; the development of radio station transmitter sites in transactions in which building owners lease or license rooftops of shopping centers, offices, or industrial buildings for telecommunications purposes; and in telecommunications infrastructure transactions, such as wiring of tunnels, bridges, airports, subways, and train stations for cellular and PCS providers.
In addition, he has extensive experience in the shopping center industry and served as in-house counsel to a major shopping center developer in the acquisition, sales, development, and leasing of myriad shopping center properties.
Stephen has lectured on various issues concerning office leasing, shopping centers, and telecommunications.
• Twenty-Four Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2014 New York Super Lawyers and Rising Stars , ( 10.03.2014 )
• Twenty-Four Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2012 New York Super Lawyers and Rising Stars , ( 09.20.2012 )
• Twenty Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2011 New York Super Lawyers and Rising Stars , ( 09.23.2011 )
• Ten Mintz Levin Attorneys Named New York Metro Super Lawyers , ( 09.24.2007 )
• Mintz Levin Advises CVS Corporation on its Acquisition of Caremark Rx, Inc. , ( 03.28.2007 )
• Mintz Levin Advises CVS Caremark Corporation on its Acquisition of Longs Drugs Stores , ( 11.06.2006 )
Awards & Recognitions
•New York Super Lawyers: Real Estate (2007, 2011 - 2014)
•Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent