- Structured Finance & Securitization
|University ||Brown University, A.B., 1986|
|Law School||Columbia Law School, J.D., 1989|
|Admitted||1990, District of Columbia|
|Born||Washington, D.C., December 10, 1963|
Stephen Ornstein concentrates on federal and state mortgage banking, consumer credit and ancillary services regulatory issues. He counsels national mortgage lenders, servicers, insurers and secondary market issuers in complying with lending regulations, including:
· Truth in Lending
· Fair Credit Reporting
· Equal Credit Opportunity
· Fair Housing/Fair Lending
· National Flood Insurance Act
· Student Lending Requirements
· State regulations and licensing
Stephen works extensively in government regulation of mortgage finance, particularly with respect to FHA-insured and VA-guaranteed single-family and project mortgage loans. He has substantial experience in federal and state bank regulation, including agency powers and procedures with respect to professional liability claims. His consumer finance expertise spans the range of asset classes, including residential and commercial mortgage loans, student loans and payday loans. Stephen also represents clients with matters involving the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
Stephen earned his J.D. from Columbia Law School as a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. He earned his A.B., magna cum laud and Phi Beta Kappa, from Brown University.
· Represented several investment banking firms as issuers or underwriters in public offerings and private placements of mortgage pass-through certificates. These securitizations have employed a wide variety of credit support and tax structures and have resulted in the issuance of a broad range of securities with simple to complex payment characteristics.
· Represented several of the largest U.S. residential mortgage loan conduits in connection with numerous public offerings of multiple class mortgage pass-through certificates, as well as servicers and insurers in connection with public and private securitizations.
Financial Services & Products
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
|Profile Visibility |
|#3,798 in weekly profile views out of 49,246 lawyers in Washington, District of Columbia|
|#111,401 in weekly profile views out of 1,504,295 total lawyers Overall|