Steven has broad experience in all aspects of real estate law, including counseling institutional and private clients in developing, buying, selling, financing, and leasing a full spectrum of real estate holdings, such as office buildings, shopping centers, residential properties, and industrial and warehouse facilities across the United States.
Among his clients are numerous foreign and domestic companies engaged in a wide range of projects and investments in the United States, including office building development, airport redevelopment, private equity investment, indirect real estate investment, and joint venture formation.
He has also worked on US real estate investments for affiliates of several major Dutch and other European pension funds, including the formation of partnerships with US real estate companies to develop and own Class A office buildings throughout the United States, the acquisition and disposition of real property and partnership interests, and leasing activities for office and retail properties.
Steven advises real estate owners on design and construction matters. He also assists clients in the development, management, and leasing of advertising signage on buildings.
Before joining Mintz Levin, Steven was a partner at another New York law firm for 20 years. Early in his career, he served as an associate counsel to the Mayor's Office of Development of the City of New York.
Steven is active in many trade and cultural organizations relating to foreign investment activities in the United States.
• Twenty-Four Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2012 New York Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, (09.20.2012)
• Eighteen Mintz Levin Attorneys Named 2010 New York Super Lawyers, (09.29.2010)
• Thirteen Mintz Levin Attorneys Named New York Super Lawyers, (10.05.2009)
• Ten Mintz Levin Attorneys Named New York Metro Super Lawyers, (09.24.2007)
Recognitions & Awards
• New York Super Lawyers: Real Estate (2007, 2009 - 2010, 2012)
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent