Mr. Mulliken practices in the areas of business law, estate planning, probate and trusts, and real estate, including commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions, financing, leasing, foreclosures, and land use matters. A 1972 graduate of the United States Military Academy, Mr. Mulliken earned a Master's Degree in Systems Management from the University of California in 1976 and graduated summa cum laude from St. Louis University Law School in 1980. In 1987, he received a Master of Laws Degree from the University of Virginia Law School with a concentration in real estate, tax, and related subjects. While on active duty in the United States Army in 1986, he was selected as Outstanding Young Military Lawyer of the Year by the American Bar Association. Mr. Mulliken was the first recipient of the Ben S. Wendelken outstanding lawyer award presented to him in 2006 for competence, compassion and the ability to get things done.
Mr. Mulliken is a past President and member of the Board of Directors of the Cheyenne Mountain School District, and past President and a ten-year member of the Board of Directors of Silver Key Senior Services. He is a past President and a member of the Board of Directors of the Pikes Peak Forum on Health Care Ethics, past President and member of the Probate Section of the El Paso County Bar Association, and a member of the Estate Planning Council of Colorado Springs and the El Paso County Extended Care Ethics Committee. Mr. Mulliken is a member of the American Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association, and the El Paso County Bar Association.
- American Bar Association's Outstanding Young Military Lawyer of the Year, 1986
- El Paso County Bar Association (president, probate section, 1997—1998)
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- “When Does the Seller Owe the Broker a Commission?" 132 Mil. L. Rev. 265, 1991
- "The Tax Reform Act of 1984 and Divorce Taxation," The Army Lawyer, October 1984
- Vice president and member of the board of directors, Cheyenne Mountain School District
- President and member of the board of directors, the Silver Key Senior Services
- Past president and member of the board of directors of the Pikes Forum on Health Care Ethics, the Estate Planning Council of Colorado Springs and the El Paso County Extended Care Ethics Committee
- Lieutenant Colonel, Judge Advocate General's Corps (USAR), 1986