Steven L. Miller, Jr. is experienced in commercial real estate matters and general business law. He represents institutions, investors and developers in a wide-range of commercial real estate transactions, with a particular emphasis on real estate development, leasing and the acquisition, disposition, construction and financing of real estate projects.
Prior to joining the firm, Steven worked as in-house corporate counsel for the world's largest provider of executive office suites. There, he was responsible for legal matters involving marketing, real estate, sales and telecommunications. Steven has also worked as an associate with both an international law firm and a boutique law firm.
Professional & Community Involvement
· Former President, ChildBuilders, Board of Directors
· Founding Member, Colonial Williamsburg National Advisory Council
· Founding Member, United Way Young Leaders Council
· Represented a performing arts center during its construction, startup activities and ongoing operations, including the drafting and negotiation of contracts, license agreements with resident companies, license agreements with nonresident companies, a garage management agreement, and a restaurant lease.°
· Represented a nonprofit developer developing affordable housing projects by drafting and negotiating partnership agreements with equity investors, leases, financing agreements with municipalities, loan documents with lenders and other ancillary documents.°
· Counseled in-house clients regarding marketing agreements, sweepstakes, promotions, leases, licenses, estoppels, subordination and non-disturbance agreements, client and vendor agreements, and telecommunication agreements.°
· Represented tenants and landlords in the drafting and negotiation of commercial leases.°
· Performed due diligence reviews for projects involving real estate assets.°
° The above representations were handled by Mr. Miller prior to his joining Greenberg Traurig, LLP.