- Emerging Technologies
- Life Sciences
- Corporate Governance
- Latin America
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Equity & Venture Capital
- Securities & Corporate Finance
- Transactional & Securities
|University ||Florida State University, B.S., Finance; Order of the Coif|
|Law School||University of Florida College of Law, J.D., with honors; Editor, Florida Law Review and the Florida Tax Review|
Steven Vazquez is a partner with Foley & Lardner LLP and is a member of the firm's Transactional & Securities and Private Equity & Venture Capital Practices. His practice focuses on securities offerings and other securities matters, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and venture capital transactions.
Mr. Vazquez represents companies and investment banking firms in a wide variety of securities and corporate finance transactions. He has represented issuers and underwriters in 14 initial public offerings and follow-on offerings. He also has represented over 10 public companies in connection with their ongoing corporate and securities needs. Mr. Vazquez has represented public and private companies in merger and acquisition transactions aggregating over $5 billion in total consideration, including advising boards of directors and special committees of independent directors on corporate governance matters, change in control issues, and anti-takeover strategies. Mr. Vazquez's venture capital experience includes representing emerging growth companies in more than 25 venture capital transactions since 2000 raising an aggregate of more than $300 million.
Mr. Vazquez was selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of securities law, mergers & acquisitions law, and leveraged buyouts and private equity law and is named in Florida Trend magazine's Florida Legal Elite™ in the area of corporate law. He was also ranked as one of the top corporate, mergers and acquisitions and private equity attorneys in Florida by Chambers USA (2008-2012).
Mr. Vazquez graduated with honors from the University of Florida College of Law, where he was elected to Order of the Coif and was an editor of the Florida Law Review and the Florida Tax Review. He received his bachelor's degree in finance from Florida State University.
· Counsel to the special committee of a publicly held long-term acute care provider in a $2.3 billion leveraged buyout transaction.
· Counsel to management of a publicly held marketing services and information provider in a $1.7 billion leveraged buyout transaction.
· Counsel to buyers and sellers in three separate M&A transactions involving managed care companies, each consisting of over $200 million in total consideration.
· Counsel to a competitive local exchange carrier in a $600 million merger transaction.
· Company counsel to a leading global supplier of automotive systems in a $450 million public note offering and $250 million cash tender offer.
· Company counsel to a nationally based REIT in a $1.2 billion underwritten public offering, the largest equity offering in REIT history.
|Profile Visibility |
|#855 in weekly profile views out of 5,665 lawyers in Tampa, Florida|
|#148,352 in weekly profile views out of 1,482,292 total lawyers Overall|