Stewart Kagan represents private equity firms, hedge funds, public and private companies, bondholders, and financial institutions with respect to debt financings and private equity investments. He has substantial experience with leveraged buyouts and financial restructurings.
Stewart has been recognized by The Legal 500, The Best Lawyers in America, and has been ranked in Chambers USA as a national leading lawyer who is " very good, one of the smartest guys around" and with a " strong profile for his handling of debt financing transactions, and represents both private equity and hedge fund clients."
Industry experience includes manufacturing, consumer products, logistics, metals, electric power generators, public utilities, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, chemicals, retail stores, solid fuels and professional sports.
He received his J.D. from Yale University and a B.A., magna cum laude, from Harvard University, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. Stewart is admitted to practice in the States of New York and Connecticut.
Recent notable representations include:
• $600 million in senior unsecured notes and $1.6 billion in senior secured credit facilities for a privately held consumer products company.
• $200 million in term and revolving credit financing for Angiodynamics, Inc.'s acquisition of Navilyst.
• Representing the bondholders of Homer City Generation, L.P. in connection with the issuance of approximately $668 million of senior secured notes in exchange for existing secured notes.
• Lyondell Chemical Company's $2.6 billion Senior Secured Notes and $3.25 billion Senior 3rd Lien Notes.
• Xerium Technologies' prepackaged global chapter 11 restructuring of approximately $600 million of bank debt and related interest rate swaps.
• A $22.5 billion bridge loan for Pfizer's acquisition of Wyeth and, Pfizer's $5 billion revolving credit facility.
• Dayton Power and Light's $100 million letter of credit facility and $200 million revolving credit facility.
• $300 million in asset backed credit facilities for a global logistics company, with loan facilities in the US, Australia and the UK.
• Over $7 billion in financing for Apollo's acquisition of Realogy.
• $500 million in asset-backed credit facilities for Metals USA, Inc.
• Representing a top private equity firm with regard to its investment in the debt of an electric power generator.
• Representing a major bank in connection with the work out of real estate loans and equity investments.