Sylvia Sohn Penneys' experience includes many transactions requiring the development of innovative program documents including the drafting of program documents for the first multi-modal program for certificates of participation in Florida, the first auction/fixed rate documents for certificates of participation in Florida, documents for qualified zone academy bonds, multi-modal documents for construction and permanent financing of a housing development (converting from a letter of credit to a guarantee at construction completion), documents for Beacon Tradeport Community Development District, a district which includes a retail shopping mall and industrial building sites, the model documents for 501(c)(3) borrowers in housing transactions and an open indenture for multifamily housing transactions.
Sylvia has also handled bond validations which have been contested or have presented undecided issues of law.
Areas of Concentration
· Bond financings
· Community development districts
Awards & Recognition
· Listed, Super Lawyers magazine, Florida Super Lawyers, 2007
· Rated, AV Preeminent® 5.0 out of 5
· Member of Greenberg Traurig team that represented MAT Concessionaire, LLC and its sponsors, Meridiam Infrastructure Fund and Bouygues Travaux Publics, S.A., in the Port of Miami Tunnel project, one of the first greenfield public-private partnerships in the United States.
· Served as bond counsel or underwriter's counsel on bond issues for the Town of Lantana, the Town of Jupiter Island, the City of Sunrise, the City of Hollywood, Charlotte County, Lee County and the City of Hollywood Community Redevelopment Agency.
· Served as bond counsel or underwriters' counsel for numerous financings involving tax-exempt leasing, tax increment financing, utility system financing, health care financing, industrial development financing, community development districts (including Beacon Tradeport Community Development District), certificates of participation, tax anticipation notes and revenue anticipation notes.
· Served as bond counsel or underwriters' counsel for certificate of participation transactions involving the School Boards of Miami-Dade County, Palm Beach County, Orange County, Lee County, Pasco County, Osceola County, Lake County, Broward County and Seminole County.
· Served as bond counsel or underwriters' counsel to:
- Florida Housing
- Housing Finance Authority of Broward County
- Orange County Housing Finance Authority
- Osceola County Housing Finance Authority
- Escambia County Housing Finance Authority
- Housing Finance Authority of Marion County
- Housing Finance Authority of Pasco County
- Housing Finance Authority of Lee County
- Housing Finance Authority of Sumner County
- Housing Finance Authority of Volusia County
- Florida and the Industrial Development Authority of Kansas City, Missouri (multifamily housing bonds).