Tanguy Le Gouellec de Schwarz is a partner in Goldberg Segalla's London office and is a member of the firm's Global Insurance Services Group. Tanguy is a dual-qualified lawyer (French and English law) who focuses on the resolution of insurance and reinsurance disputes, both in the UK and French courts, and also advises clients on insurance and reinsurance regulatory and commercial matters.
Tanguy has acted for clients across a wide range of industries, from aviation to financial institutions to energy. His degree in aerospace engineering proved invaluable when acting for aviation insurers with respect to litigation involving plane crashes, property damage, and reinsurance claims. Tanguy also represents clients concerning disputes related to product liability, financial institutions (FI), errors and omissions (E&O), and property/first-party insurance (including subrogation) at both the insurance and reinsurance levels. Further, he advises on coverage issues (both on English and French law) with respect to facultative and treaty reinsurance, product liability, E&O, FI, directors and officers (D&O), and property policies.
In the regulatory and commercial fields of insurance and reinsurance, Tanguy regularly advises clients concerning portfolio transfers, as well as cross-border discrete regulatory issues.
Tanguy has acted in the largest reinsurance litigation in France, and on numerous reinsurance arbitrations (both facultative and treaty). Tanguy also has experience in asbestos-related issues at both the insurance and reinsurance levels and is a member of the Insurance and Reinsurance Legacy Association.
• Expert Guides: Insurance and Reinsurance
• Council member, local RC Church
• Goldberg Segalla Partners Selected for Premier Global Insurance and Reinsurance Directories
• Reactions Names Goldberg Segalla Law Firm of the Year
June 12, 2014
• The Insurance and Reinsurance Report
•Speaker, The Evolution of Lawyers' Fee Arrangements in the US, Canada, South America and Europe, IADC, July 7, 2015
• Author, “New EU Cyber Risk Regulation to Be in Place by 2015, ” Reinsurance, September 2013
• Author, “Singing From Different Hymn Sheets, ” Global Reinsurance, Autumn 2013
• Quoted in “New EU Laws to Heighten Cyber Risk Exposure, ” Reactions, August 21, 2013
• Co-Author, “Insurers Preparing Cyber Risk Are Not Prepared for Their Hurricane Katrina Moment, ” Reinsurance Asia, September 2012
• Co-Author, “Emergence of Travel Disruption Insurance Addresses Supply Chain Concern, ” Insurance Day, September 26, 2012