Ms. Wilcox is a special counsel in the Labor and Employment Practice Group in the firm's San Diego office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Wilcox practices exclusively in the field of management-side labor and employment law. She has significant experience defending employers against claims of wrongful termination, sexual harassment, and age, race, sex and disability discrimination. She has extensive experience defending clients against claims under the Family and Medical Leave Act and ERISA. Ms. Wilcox has represented clients through jury trial, arbitration, and settlement negotiations.
Ms. Wilcox routinely advises employers on wage and hour issues, discipline and termination, theft investigations, personnel policies and handbooks, drug testing, and severance. She has significant experience in traditional labor law, representing employers in disputes with labor unions before the National Labor Relations Board, negotiating union contracts, and advising employers on staying union-free in response to organizing drives.
• Externed for the Hon. Joel B. Rosen, United States Magistrate in Camden, New Jersey
• Externed as Staff Counsel to Board Member Mary Miller Cracraft at the National Labor Relations Board in Washington, D.C.
• "AV" rating by Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest rating an attorney can receive for legal quality and ethics
• Member, Labor and Employment section, State Bar of California
• Member, Labor and Employment section, San Diego County Bar Association