Theodore C. "Ted" Taub has extensive experience representing both the private and public sector regarding the acquisition and development of real estate. He represents developers and regulatory bodies with whom the development community must deal in completing major projects. He has extensive experience in state and local governmental affairs and is nationally recognized for his expertise in land use law. His principal areas of practice are transactional real estate, land use and property rights, eminent domain proceedings, state and local government law and related litigation.
Ted has worked on many significant projects, including regional shopping centers, office buildings, and multi-family developments. He has authored many articles on title insurance, land use and environmental law, and has been a frequent lecturer for The Florida Bar, ABA, ALI-ABA, National Judicial College, PLI, ULI, APA, ICSC and others, on real property-related matters.
Ted has served three Florida Governors in significant regional and statewide endeavors. He is a member of the American College of Real Estate Lawyers and a Florida Bar Board Certified Real Estate Lawyer. He has held several other public service positions with state and local government, including ten years as Chairman of the Tampa-Hillsborough County Expressway Authority. He was founding member of the Florida Municipal Attorneys Association.
Ted has taught as an Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Miami School of Law's Graduate Program in Real Estate Development. He was the City Attorney for the City of Temple Terrace for over forty years.
· 2007 Ralph A. Marsicano Award (the most prestigious award given out annually by the Florida Bar's local government law section to a lawyer for his long-standing contributions to local government law)
· Best Lawyers in America, 1991 - 2014
· Best Lawyers "Tampa Land Use & Zoning Law Lawyer of the Year," 2013
· Florida Super Lawyer by Super Lawyers magazine, 2006 - 2013
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
· Top Lawyer by Tampa Bay Magazine
Professional and Community Affiliations
· American College of Real Estate Lawyers
· Certified Mediator
· Duke University's Terry Sanford Institute of Public Policy, Board of Visitors, past member
· Tampa-Hillsborough County Expressway Authority, former ten year Chairman
Public Law and Public Finance