Thomas G. Pletz has substantial experience in civil litigation areas of complex product liability cases, special remedies, religious dioceses, parishes and educational entities, as well as TV and radio defamation law. He has mediated legal matters for many years. He has been an acting Judge in Sylvania Municipal Court since 1990, where he has written decisions on a wide variety of civil and criminal law subjects.
Tom has extensive experience in electronic media defamation and public records matters. He has represented individuals, large and small companies, churches, schools, TV and radio stations and non-profit organizations in litigation at the trial and appellate levels in state and federal courts. He has litigated all types of cases for schools, religious organizations and educational foundations. He has handled many varied complex product liability cases, including machinery, vehicles, civilian and military aviation crashes and building construction system failures.
Tom has been admitted to the Supreme Court of the United States and is a Life Member of the U. S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals Judicial Conference. He served on the Ohio Board of Bar Examiners for ten years, and as its Chair (1996-1999), when the Board raised the exam pass standard and added the Multi-State Performance Test. He served 26 years in the U.S. Naval Reserve as a Surface Warfare Officer.
· Who's Who in America
· Who's Who in American Law
· Who's Who in the World
· Best Lawyers in America, 2009 - 2014
· AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
· University of Toledo Distinguished Attorney Award, 2011
Professional and Community Affiliations
· National Diocesan Attorneys Association
· Toledo Bar Association
· Ohio Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· Toledo Bar Association, former Board Member
· Toledo Junior Bar, past President
· UT Law Alumni Association, past President
· U.S. Sixth Circuit Judicial Conference, Life Member
· Local and state judicial campaign committees
· Numerous church groups
· Ohio Board of Bar Examiners, former Chair, 1996 - 1999
Educational / Religious Organizations
Sports and Entertainment