Mr. Leo is a partner in the Entertainment, Technology and Advertising Practice Group in the firm's Century City office.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Leo focuses on entertainment finance, secured transactions and commercial law.
Mr. Leo has extensive experience representing motion picture studios, production companies and distributors in all types of motion picture and television financing transactions, including multipicture production, financing and distribution arrangements; revolving credit production finance facilities; rights acquisition financings; complex secured distribution arrangements; television license financing and securitization facilities; entertainment-related merger and acquisition financings and working capital lines of credit; complex intercreditor and interparty arrangements; and entertinament finance generally.
Film fund transactions representing U.S. major studios, senior lenders, mezzanine financiers and film funds
Multipicture production, financing and distribution arrangements between production companies and distributors (including major U.S. studios), with production funded through bank funding, distributor funding and various combinations of the two, including related financing, secured transactions and intercreditor arrangements
Financings of mergers and acquisitions of entertainment companies through senior bank debt, issuances of senior notes and other financings
Production financing revolving lines of credit for film production companies
Rights analyses for acquisitions of major motion picture rights
Custodial, security and arbitration agreements for the collection, accounting and remittance of cross-collateralized streams of revenue in complex motion picture distribution transactions
Commercial law aspects of strategic entertainment transactions
· Southern California Super Lawyer, 2006-2013
· Top Leading Media and Entertainment Lawyers, Chambers & Partners, 2006-2013
· The U.S. Best of the Best: Technology, Media and Communications, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2011
· Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers, 2007-2014
· Russian Cinema, JUST, November 1, 2009
· The Dirty Dozen - Part 2, Daily Journal, September 29, 2009
· The Dirty Dozen - Part 1, Daily Journal, September 22, 2009
· Chain of Title Review Is a Major Hurdle for Film Investors, July 20, 2006
· Sheppard Mullin Lands Entertainment Group, January 27, 2003
· Breakfast With Your Finance and Bankruptcy Lawyers, June 11, 2013, Intellectual Property Issues in Bankruptcy: Assumption and Assignment, Distinctions Between Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks, Distressed Acquisitions and How to Protect Your IP
· 2012 International Film & TV Finance Summit, March 22, 2012
· 2011 International Film & TV Finance Summit, March 3, 2011, Presented by BNA/Atlas
· 2010 New York International Film & TV Finance Summit, September 27, 2010, Presented by BNA/Atlas