- Business and Corporate
|University ||University of Wisconsin, B.A., with Distinction, 1974|
|Law School||Creighton University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1977 Lead Articles Editor, Creighton Law Review|
|Admitted||1977, Nebraska; U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit; U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit; U.S. Supreme Court|
Memberships and Affiliations
•Litigation Counsel of America, fellow
•Nebraska Association of Trial Attorneys
•Nebraska State Bar Foundation, fellow, 1999
•Chambers USA, Litigation, 2014
•Benchmark Litigation Local Litigation Star, 2008-2013
•The Best Lawyers In America , Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Mergers & Acquisitions, Litigation-Regulatory Enforcement (SEC, Telecom, Energy), Litigation-Securities, 2003-2014
•The Best Lawyers In America , Omaha Litigation-Securities Lawyer of the Year, 2013
•Great Plains Super Lawyers , Business Litigation, 2007-2013
•Lawdragon 100 Lawyers You Need To Know in Securities Litigation, 2008
•Lawdragon 500 Leading Lawyers in America, 2007
•Brownell-Talbot College Preparatory School, Board of Trustees, 1998-2007
•Omaha Symphony, Governing Member, 2005-2011
•United Way Tocqueville Society, Recruitment Committee, 2008-2011
|Born||Madison, Wisconsin, 1952|
Mr. Dahlk is a trial lawyer who focuses on cases involving complex business transactions. He has successfully obtained verdicts for clients in federal and state court and provided litigation strategy and multidistrict litigation management for clients in the banking, mutual fund and securities industries. His cases have ranged from bet-the-company civil cases involving complex legal theories to obtaining an acquittal in a bank fraud criminal case. He also has represented financial services corporations, numerous investor groups, and individual plaintiffs and defendants.
Mr. Dahlk has obtained dismissal of Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) claims on behalf of defendants and has represented shareholder groups in derivative actions based upon civil RICO, as well as plaintiffs and defendants in accounting, legal, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) enforcement actions and financial advisor malpractice cases.
Mr. Dahlk is admitted to practice in Nebraska; the U.S. District Court, District of Nebraska; the U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit; the U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit; the U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit; and the U.S. Supreme Court.
• Tried more than 30 jury trials and more than 100 bench trials and arbitrations.
• Achieved successful jury verdicts in securities and civil RICO cases.
• Obtained jury verdict in stock option case for Fortune 1000 corporation.
• Obtained jury verdict for employer in covenant not to compete case and successfully handled preliminary injunction hearings in federal and state court in unfair competition cases.
• Obtained jury verdict of acquittal for bank president in federal criminal bank fraud case.
• Obtained summary judgment for helicopter operator in third-party action that ultimately settled for $18.2 million.
• Significant participation in two securities cases consolidated for pretrial discovery by the Judicial Panel for Multidistrict Litigation.
• Achieved $4.2 million settlement for heir in estate litigation.
• Achieved successful settlement in a four-year litigation challenging a gift to a national charity.
• Attained successful jury verdict for defendant in defamation case.
• Obtained jury verdict for plaintiff in breach of fiduciary duty case.
• Taking and Defending Effective Depositions in Nebraska, Lorman Education Services, November 2000
• Corporate Litigation: A Practical Approach, Nebraska Continuing Legal Education Seminar, June 1999
• Litigation Issues - Tax Sheltered Investments, Creighton Law School, April 1983
• Class Actions - The Nebraska Procedure, 61 Nebraska Law Review 30, 1982
• Real Estate Partnerships and the Securities Laws: A Primer, 12 Creighton Law Review 781, 1979, cited in Austin v. Loftsgaarden, 675 F.2d 168 (Eighth Circuit, 1982)
August 18, 2014 2015 Best Lawyers in America Recognizes 56 Kutak Rock Attorneys
Kutak Rock is pleased to announce that 56 of its attorneys are included in the 21st edition of The Best Lawyers in America publication.
May 23, 2014 Kutak Rock Recognized by Chambers USA
Kutak Rock is pleased to announce its Arkansas, Kansas and Nebraska offices and attorneys are honored in the 2014 Chambers USA guide to the best law firms and lawyers.
August 15, 2013 Record Number of Kutak Rock Attorneys Named Best Lawyers Forty-seven Kutak Rock attorneys reprenting 10 of the firm's 16 offices have been listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2014.
View Ratings & Reviews
|Profile Visibility |
|#241 in weekly profile views out of 3,350 lawyers in Omaha, Nebraska|
|#118,117 in weekly profile views out of 1,538,052 total lawyers Overall|