Tom managed the firm's Corporate & Securities Practice for seven years. His practice deals with business, finance, and investment-related areas.
He focuses on financial and investment services and products, public and private fund formation, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and corporate and higher education finance transactions as well as business counseling. He represents US and foreign private and publicly held corporations, universities, institutional investors, and public and private investment funds and their management.
Tom advises clients on public offerings and private placements of both equity and debt securities, and acquisitions and dispositions of enterprises and strategic alliances. He also counsels clients in connection with their organization, management, and long- and short-term legal and business and financial planning strategies.
He appears regularly as a panelist in continuing legal education programs, having chaired the Massachusetts program on the responsibilities of corporate directors.
Before joining the firm, Tom served as a law clerk to the Honorable Walter R. Mansfield in the US District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Recognitions & Awards
• Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent
• Phi Beta Kappa
Professional & Community Involvement
• Board member, LifePlans, Inc.
• Board member, Kobrick Funds, LLC
• Trustee, Wheelock College
• Past chair, Wheelock College Finance Committee
• Past treasurer, Wheelock College Finance Committee
• Past chair, Permanent School Accommodations Committee for the Town of Wellesley.
• Member, Boston Bar Association Corporate Law Committee
• Member, Boston Bar Association Securities Law Committee
• Member, American Bar Association Committee on New Developments in Business Financing
• Member, Massachusetts and New York Bar Associations
• Member, International Bar Association
(Also at New York, New York Office)