Mr. Peltz is a partner in the Denver office of Kutak Rock LLP and is the co-chair of the firm's Denver Public Finance Practice Group. He has over 25 years of experience in public finance and serves a wide variety of clients as lead bond counsel, disclosure counsel and underwriter's counsel in municipal bond financings for major infrastructure and other governmental public/private projects. His experience includes, but is not limited to, general obligation bonds, tax increment bonds, excise tax revenue bonds, utility revenue bonds, special assessment bonds, certificates of participation and related lease-purchase financings and conduit obligations. From his experience over the years in a significant number of public financings involving a variety of entities from the State of Colorado to small local governments, Mr. Peltz has extensive practical knowledge in the area of public finance.
• Since January 2000, in addition to serving as lead counsel to the State of Colorado and the State of Wyoming in financings representing an aggregate amount in excess of one billion dollars, Mr. Peltz has served as lead bond or disclosure counsel in financings for a wide variety of local governments including over 80 school districts, 75 Title 32 special districts, 50 charter schools, 40 municipalities, and a significant number of counties, library districts, and various authorities and other governmental entities.
• Extensive election experience and the drafter of more than 250 ballot issues and ballot questions since January 2000.
• Acknowledged as an expert in TABOR matters by the District Court, Eagle County, Colorado, when providing written opinions and oral testimony for a Colorado public school in Michael Cacioppo and Nancy Cacioppo v. Eagle County School District RE-50J et al., Case Number 02 CV 125. The opinion rendered by the District Court in such litigation ruled in favor of the school district on all TABOR issues addressed by Mr. Peltz, and the Colorado Supreme Court affirmed the lower courts on all TABOR issues raised on appeal in 92 P.3d 453 (Colo. 2004).
• Faculty member for the Colorado Bar Association preparing and presenting materials on Financing Public Infrastructure Projects - Municipal Bond Infrastructure Financing Considerations and Industry Developments for a continuing legal education program in 2011 regarding Public Projects - Advanced Real Estate Issues.
• Guest speaker and lecturer at industry events including conferences for the Rocky Mountain Land Use Institute, the Colorado League of Charter Schools, the Colorado Municipal League, the Colorado Government Finance Officers' Association and the Colorado Association of School Executives.
• Experience acting as counsel in connection with various forms of federal tax credit bonds (some of which are no longer authorized to be issued) including Build America Bonds, Qualified School Construction Bonds, initial legislation and new Clean Renewable Energy Bonds and Energy Conservation Bonds.
August 18, 2014 2015 Best Lawyers in America Recognizes 56 Kutak Rock Attorneys
Kutak Rock is pleased to announce that 56 of its attorneys are included in the 21st edition of The Best Lawyers in America publication.
August 15, 2013 Record Number of Kutak Rock Attorneys Named Best Lawyers Forty-seven Kutak Rock attorneys reprenting 10 of the firm's 16 offices have been listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2014.
September 7, 2012 Best Lawyers Increase by 50% to 45 attorneys Forty-five Kutak Rock lawyers were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2013.
March 30, 2011 Peltz Presents for Colorado Bar Association
May 20, 2013 SEC Addresses Potential Liability of Public Officials With Regard to Secondary Market Disclosure Obligations