Tim Theissen maintains a general practice, and primarily handles divorces, zoning matters, real estate transactions and estate...
Areas of Concentration
• Family Law / Divorce
• Collaborative Family Law
• Divorce Litigation (including cases involving Business Valuations)
• Real Estate
• Estate Planning
• Small Business
• American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, fellow
• American Institute of Collaborative Professionals, member
• Academy of Northern Kentucky Collaborative Professionals, Inc., president
• Cincinnati Academy of Collaborative Professionals, member
• University of Cincinnati, Legal Assisting Program, Former Assistant professor, adjunct
• Kenton County and Municipal Planning and Zoning Commission, former chairman and member
Honors & Recognition
Named a "Leading Lawyer" in Family/Domestic Relations Law, 2006-2014 by Cincy Magazine
Recipient of the Kentucky Bar Association Continuing Legal Education award (2010, 2011)
Articles, Publications & Lectures
• The State of Grandparent Visitation in Kentucky (2011)
• The Family Business and Divorce (2011) addressing business valuations, and the non-marital aspects of a family business.
• Divorcing - A New Way (2008) about collaborative divorce.
• How to Reduce Contractor’s A/R’s Using Mechanic’s Liens
•The Risks and Benefit of Providing Employee References