Tim Theissen maintains a general practice, and primarily handles divorces, zoning matters, real estate transactions and estate planning/probate. He also represents several small businesses and does some other civil litigation. His largest practice area is Family Law, and he is a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (See www.AAML.org). He is collaboratively trained and is an advocate of the collaborative process (See www.nkydivorce.com).
Areas of Concentration
· Family Law | Divorce
· Collaborative Family Law
· Divorce Litigation (including cases involving Business Valuations)
· Real Estate
· Estate Planning
· Small Business
· American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, fellow
· American Institute of Collaborative Professionals, member
· Academy of Northern Kentucky Collaborative Professionals, Inc., president
· Cincinnati Academy of Collaborative Professionals, member
· University of Cincinnati, Legal Assisting Program, Former Assistant professor, adjunct
· Kenton County and Municipal Planning and Zoning Commission, former chairman and member
Honors & Recognition
Named a "Leading Lawyer" in Family/Domestic Relations Law, 2006-2012 by Cincy Magazine
Recipient of the Kentucky Bar Association Continuing Legal Education award (2010, 2011)
Articles, Publications & Lectures
· The State of Grandparent Visitation in Kentucky (2011)
· The Family Business and Divorce (2011) addressing business valuations, and the non-marital aspects of a family business.
· Divorcing - A New Way (2008) about collaborative divorce.
· How to Reduce Contractor's A/R's Using Mechanic's Liens
· The Risk's and Benefit of Providing Employee References