Ms. Bourne is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Bourne's practice focuses on Government Contracts law and litigation. Her experience includes complex litigation in connection with the False Claims Act, bid protest actions both challenging and defending agency decisions on contract awards before the Government Accountability Office and Court of Federal Claims, claims litigation before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals and the Civilian Board of Contract Appeals, investigating and preparing contractor claims, and conducting internal investigations.
Ms. Bourne advises clients on a wide variety of matters relating to government contracts, including contract administration, procurement integrity, the FAR Mandatory Disclosure Rule, and GSA's Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) Program. In addition to her practice, Ms. Bourne writes frequently on legal and regulatory developments affecting the Government Contracts industry.
Publications & News
•Lots of Little Things - Recent FAR Updates
Law360, August 19, 2013
•Authored chapter, General Overview of Cloud Computing, Cloud Computing Legal Deskbook, 2013 Edition, Thomson Reuters Westlaw, 2013
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Blog Posts
• What's New Out There? Highlights from the Federal Register, May 20, 2014
• GAO Dismisses Protest Alleging Noncompliance with E-Verify Requirements, November 20, 2013
• Lots of Little Things - FAR Updates from the Federal Acquisition Circular, August 15, 2013
• What's New Out There? A Regulatory Update, June 26, 2013
• A New Twist On Establishing Interested Party Status At The GAO, December 9, 2011
• 'First Impression' Ruling: Court May Review the Rationality of Emails Sent By GAO Attorneys, September 19, 2011
• Objects In SBA's Mirror Are Smaller Than They Appear: A Summary Of SBA's Proposed Rule To Increase Small Business Size Standards, April 18, 2011
• Inflation Adjustment Of Acquisition-Related Thresholds In The FAR, October 7, 2010
• Precision Pine & Timber, Inc. v. United States: An Unexpected Test For Determining Breach Of The Implied Duty To Cooperate And Not To Hinder Contract Performance , April 9, 2010
• GAO Sides with Foreign Military Sales Program Contractors in Dispute Over Protest Costs , December 8, 2009
• Proposed Changes to FAR Part 45 To Add Clarity and Correction to Government Property Provisions , November 9, 2009