- Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade
- Bid Protests
- Contract Cost Accounting
- The False Claims Act and Related "White Collar" Issues
- Exports and Export-Related Controls
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act - FCPA
- Intellectual Property Rights Under Government Contracts
- Multiple Award Schedule Contracting
|University ||Vanderbilt University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2006|
|Law School||George Mason University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2009 Notes Editor, George Mason Law Review|
|Admitted||2010, District of Columbia; Virginia; United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia|
Ms. Bourne is an associate in the Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Practice Group in the firm's Washington, D.C. office.
Areas of Practice
Ms. Bourne's practice focuses on federal procurement law and litigation. Her experience includes representing clients before the Government Accountability Office in bid protest actions both challenging and defending agency decisions on contract awards, investigating and preparing contractor claims, and assisting in the conduct of internal investigations.
Ms. Bourne advises clients on a wide variety of matters relating to government contracts, including contract administration, teaming agreements, the GSA's Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) Program, and compliance with the FAR and Cost Accounting Standards. In addition to her practice, Ms. Bourne writes frequently on legal and regulatory developments affecting the Government Contracts industry.
· Virginia State Bar
· District of Columbia Bar
· American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law
· National Defense Industrial Association
· Lots of Little Things - Recent FAR Updates, Law360, August 19, 2013
Government Contracts, Investigations & International Trade Blog Postings
· "Lots of Little Things - FAR Updates from the Federal Acquisition Circular," August 15, 2013
· "What's New Out There? A Regulatory Update," June 26, 2013
· "A New Twist On Establishing Interested Party Status At The GAO," December 9, 2011
· "'First Impression' Ruling: Court May Review the Rationality of Emails Sent By GAO Attorneys," September 19, 2011
· "Objects In SBA's Mirror Are Smaller Than They Appear: A Summary Of SBA's Proposed Rule To Increase Small Business Size Standards," April 18, 2011
· "Inflation Adjustment Of Acquisition-Related Thresholds In The FAR," October 7, 2010
· "Precision Pine & Timber, Inc. v. United States: An Unexpected Test For Determining Breach Of The Implied Duty To Cooperate And Not To Hinder Contract Performance", April 9, 2010
· "GAO Sides with Foreign Military Sales Program Contractors in Dispute Over Protest Costs", December 8, 2009
· "Proposed Changes to FAR Part 45 "To Add Clarity and Correction" to Government Property Provisions", November 9, 2009
Documents by this lawyer on Martindale.com
What’s New Out There? Highlights from the Federal Register
Townsend L. Bourne, May 26, 2014
The Department of Defense issued a final rule on May 6, 2014 that sets forth contractor responsibilities related to the detection and avoidance of counterfeit electronic parts, including the obligation to report counterfeit or suspected counterfeit electronic parts.
GAO Dismisses Protest Alleging Noncompliance with E-Verify Requirements
Townsend L. Bourne, November 27, 2013
In Ashland Sales & Service Co., B-408969 (Nov. 1, 2013), the Government Accountability Office (“GAO”) dismissed a protest by Ashland Sales & Service Co. (“Ashland”) alleging that a contract for lightweight jackets was improperly awarded to Creighton AB, Inc....
Lots of Little Things - FAR Updates from the Federal Acquisition Circular
Townsend L. Bourne,David S. Gallacher, August 16, 2013
Every now and then, the FAR Councils issue a Federal Acquisition Circular (FAC) - an update to the Federal Acquisition Regulation implementing a number of changes. Often these changes are rather pro forma. But occasionally, you get a Circular with many different (and interesting) issues. FAC...
|Profile Visibility |
|#4,334 in weekly profile views out of 48,590 lawyers in Washington, District of Columbia|
|#131,925 in weekly profile views out of 1,530,397 total lawyers Overall|