Tracy Lautenschlager practices in the areas of land use, environmental, airport and aviation and construction law. She represents a broad range of private developers in complex interactions with governmental entities, including obtaining entitlements for residential and commercial projects, platting, site plan approvals, land use plan amendments, vacations and abandonments and a variety of other contentious local permitting issues. She has 16 years of experience as an assistant county attorney, where she represented Broward County's regulatory and planning agencies in the areas of comprehensive planning, land use regulations, zoning, code enforcement and environmental enforcement, including litigation in those areas. She also represented the County's Aviation Department as construction counsel for its $600 million expansion program and handled a broad range of matters for the airports, including disputes with adjacent cities, airline lease negotiations, federal and state grant compliance issues, large consulting and construction contracts, an owner-controlled insurance program for construction projects and various tenant and consultant disputes.
Areas of Concentration
· Land use
Professional & Community Involvement
· Member, Board of Directors, Smart Growth Partnership, 2007-2010
· Member, Florida Bar, Land Use and Environmental Law Section
· Member, Broward County Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
· Member, Winning Team, Chambers USA Award for Excellence, Real Estate, 2013
· Airport, Port and Government Contracts:
- Represented international airport concessionaires in responding to Requests for Proposals at Orlando, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Houston, San Diego and Seattle airports, including compliance with federal "Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise" rules.
- Represented investors in an airport food and beverage operation in negotiating a change of control to comply with Airport Concession Disadvantaged Business Enterprise rules.
- Represented passenger boarding bridge manufacturer in defeating a long-standing sole source determination favoring a competitor at an international airport.
- Represented fire alarm system contractor in defeating a local government sole brand specification that had excluded the contractor from bidding.
- Represented Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines in obtaining a new operating agreement at Port Everglades for its "Oasis of the Seas" class 6000-passenger cruise ships.
- Represented Embraer Aircraft in obtaining a lease extension at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport to permit development of a maintenance facility for its new class of executive jet and in negotiating a new long-term land lease at Melbourne International Airport.
- Represented Thornton Construction in obtaining the award of a protested construction contract at FLL.
- Represented Roepnack Corporation in resolving a substantial construction claim with Broward County.
· Public Development:
- Represented the South Broward Hospital District in rezoning and other approvals for new Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital and related development.
· Private Developers:
- Represented charter school developer in resolving an airport land use issue.
- Represented Brenner Real Estate Group in obtaining entitlements for mixed use projects in the City of Oakland Park, Florida.
- Represented Vertical Yachts in obtaining entitlements for an innovative type of dry stack marina for large yachts in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Represented Stationside Village Associates (Pinnacle Housing Group and RAM Development) in obtaining entitlements for Transit Oriented Development "Sheridan Stationside Village," in Hollywood, Florida.
- Represented affiliates of Starwood Capital in obtaining approvals for two hotel renovations on Fort Lauderdale Beach, Florida
· Land Use Due Diligence Investigations:
- Conducted due diligence for the Archon Group in acquisition of an 11-parcel portfolio of apartment properties located throughout Florida and in acquisition of the Fountains at Delray Beach apartment complex.
- Conducted investigation for KTR Capital Partners in acquisition of a 31-acre Seneca Industrial Park in Pembroke Park, Florida.
- Performed due diligence for Principal Real Estate Investors in acquisition of Lyons Technology Park in Coconut Creek, Florida.
- Conducted investigation for Inland Diversified REIT in acquisition of Port St. Lucie shopping center and two multi-state single-tenant portfolios.
- Performed zoning review for Bon Aviv Investments in acquisition of multi-state shopping center portfolio.
- Performed selected lease review and land use review for Met Life in a loan secured by a major shopping mall located on airport land.
· Assistant County Attorney, Broward County, Florida
· Law Clerk, City of Delray Beach, Florida